modeling a simple cpu

Discussion in 'Ruby' started by Ara.T.Howard, Oct 26, 2006.

  1. Ara.T.Howard

    Ara.T.Howard Guest

    i need to model the on board cpu of a satellite in order to mock running
    uploaded commands. basically i need to model the internal state and all
    incoming commands so i can determine register states at a given point in time.
    has anyone out there done something similar? and helpful libs? basically
    i'll need something like

    dmsp_cpu = cpu{
    register 'oax'
    register 'oal'

    mem 0x55, :value => 0x2a39

    instruction 'oaxload' do |value|
    oax[ value ]
    end
    }

    etc.

    regards.

    -a
    --
    my religion is very simple. my religion is kindness. -- the dalai lama
    Ara.T.Howard, Oct 26, 2006

  2. Ara.T.Howard wrote:
    > i need to model the on board cpu of a satellite in order to mock running
    > uploaded commands. basically i need to model the internal state and all
    > incoming commands so i can determine register states at a given point in time.
    > has anyone out there done something similar? and helpful libs? basically
    > i'll need something like
    >
    > dmsp_cpu = cpu{
    > register 'oax'
    > register 'oal'
    >
    > mem 0x55, :value => 0x2a39
    >
    > instruction 'oaxload' do |value|
    > oax[ value ]
    > end
    > }

    What platform? What's the type of cpu? I *think* Solaris/Sparc comes
    with something that will let you do this.

    Regards,

    Dan
    Daniel Berger, Oct 26, 2006

  3. Ara.T.Howard

    Phil Tomson Guest

    On 10/26/06, Ara.T.Howard <> wrote:

    > i need to model the on board cpu of a satellite in order to mock running
    > uploaded commands. basically i need to model the internal state and all
    > incoming commands so i can determine register states at a given point in time.
    > has anyone out there done something similar? and helpful libs? basically
    > i'll need something like
    >
    > dmsp_cpu = cpu{
    > register 'oax'
    > register 'oal'
    >
    > mem 0x55, :value => 0x2a39
    >
    > instruction 'oaxload' do |value|
    > oax[ value ]
    > end
    > }
    >
    > etc.

    You might want take a look at RHDL ( http://rhdl.rubyforge.org )

    Phil
    Phil Tomson, Oct 27, 2006
  4. Ara.T.Howard

    Guest

    On Fri, 27 Oct 2006, Phil Tomson wrote:

    > You might want take a look at RHDL ( http://rhdl.rubyforge.org )

    i was just looking at it... would you say it's a sledgehammer for this tack?

    cheers.

    -a
    --
    my religion is very simple. my religion is kindness. -- the dalai lama
    , Oct 27, 2006
  5. Ara.T.Howard

    Phil Tomson Guest

    On 10/26/06, <> wrote:
    > On Fri, 27 Oct 2006, Phil Tomson wrote:
    >
    > > You might want take a look at RHDL ( http://rhdl.rubyforge.org )

    > i was just looking at it... would you say it's a sledgehammer for this tack?

    Possibly. Depends on how much modelling you need to do. RHDL has
    signals which can be bit vectors (registers) and it lets you do
    dataflow modelling. But yeah, maybe it's overkill for what you're
    doing.

    Phil
    Phil Tomson, Oct 27, 2006