modelling a FIFO in VHDL

fpgawizz

I am trying to send data via RS 232 to a spartan 3 development board that
has external SRAM. I want to send data to the RXD input of the FPGA and
have the FPGA send this to the SRAM. This is a simplex transmission from
my PC to the FPGA that is listening. Is there any models I can see or use
maybe for doing this kind of a UART, FIFO in VHDL ?

Jezwold

I assume that you have heard of the google search engine,well I suggest
you give that a try because i did and it worked for me.

Joined
Dec 21, 2008
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Would you please not spam forums with advice that is obvious. If they tried google and it brought them here, then your comment is not very useful. the point of a forum is to offer help, not criticism

Joined
Feb 25, 2010
Messages
38
Reaction score
0
this may help you..
vhdlguru.blogspot.com/2010/03/basic-model-of-fifo-queue-in-vhdl.html