modelsim 6.3 license

Clunixchit

hello there,
i'm installing during my internship modelsim 6.3 on some machines of
my company.

however on a perfect legal license, modelsim refuse to detect the
license.

this is how i did on fedora 7, after the installation,

[root@goorah linuxle]# export LM_LICENSE_FILE="/opt/modelsim/
modeltech/
license.dat"
[root@goorah linuxle]# ../bin/vsim

Unable to checkout a license. Make sure your license file environment
variable (e.g., LM_LICENSE_FILE)
is set correctly and then run 'lmutil lmdiag' to diagnose the problem.
Unable to checkout a license. Vsim is closing.
** Fatal: Invalid license environment. Application closing.

[root@goorah linuxle]# lmutil lmdiag
lmutil - Copyright (c) 1989-2005 Macrovision Europe Ltd. and/or
Macrovision Corporation. All Rights Reserved.
FLEXlm diagnostics on Wed 6/13/2007 22:19

License file: /opt/modelsim/modeltech/license.dat
"hdldesignerpro" v2010.05, vendor: modeltech
uncounted nodelocked license, locked to ethernet address
"000ae44aa899" starts: 6-feb-2005, expires: 01-jan-2010

This is the correct node for this node-locked license

Enter <CR> to continue:
[....]

then i press enter to continue with the other modules, without seeing
errors on the terminal.

can anyone tell me what/where i'm doing wrong ?

Chitlesh

HT-Lab

Clunixchit said:
[...]

This is an "interesting" license, a) it is for HDL Designer and not for
Modelsim, b) the modeltech daemon is wrong and too old for Modelsim 6.3, c)
the expire date is too far in the future (unless this is an archive
license...) d) as far as I know Mentor doesn't provide any MAC based
node-locked license under Linux, only floating is supported (at least that
is what I was told when I asked them),

Are you sure this is a "perfectly legal license".......

Hans
www.ht-lab.com

This is the correct node for this node-locked license

Enter <CR> to continue:
[....]

then i press enter to continue with the other modules, without seeing
errors on the terminal.

can anyone tell me what/where i'm doing wrong ?

Chitlesh

Kim Enkovaara

Clunixchit said:
i'm installing during my internship modelsim 6.3 on some machines of
my company.

however on a perfect legal license, modelsim refuse to detect the
license.
License file: /opt/modelsim/modeltech/license.dat
"hdldesignerpro" v2010.05, vendor: modeltech
uncounted nodelocked license, locked to ethernet address
"000ae44aa899" starts: 6-feb-2005, expires: 01-jan-2010

This is the correct node for this node-locked license

At least that is incorrect license for modelsim. That row is
for hdl designer, not for modelsim. If you have the
correct modelsim license then also check that your DISPLAY
variable is not over 32 characters long, if it is the
license manager will not work. You can fix the DISPLAY by
using the numeric IP-address.

--Kim

Mike Treseler

HT-Lab wrote:

as far as I know Mentor doesn't provide any MAC based
node-locked license under Linux, only floating is supported

Yes.
All of the "low cost" licenses are windows only.

-- Mike Treseler

Thomas Stanka

however on a perfect legal license, modelsim refuse to detect the
license.

Which version of LM are you running? If I rember right you need a
rather new version for the newest Modelsim.

bye Thomas