ModelSim ACTEL 6.1b help

Discussion in 'VHDL' started by Ivangray, Jan 6, 2007.

  1. Ivangray

    Ivangray Guest

    Hi,
    I'm a new user for work with a fpga components, I use ACTEL Fusion
    Starter KIT.
    I dont understand why this code dont work in ModelSim ACTEL 6.1b when
    compile follow code :

    -- mytimer.vhd

    library ieee;
    use ieee.std_logic_1164.all;
    use ieee.std_logic_unsigned.all;

    entity mytimer_1 is
    port(
    clkin: in std_logic;
    reset: in std_logic;
    start: in std_logic;
    led_o: out std_logic
    );
    end mytimer_1;

    architecture behave of mytimer_1 is
    signal clkout: std_logic;
    signal led: std_logic;

    signal counter: std_logic_vector(2 downto 0);
    signal tempo: std_logic_vector(19 downto 0);

    begin
    led_o <= led;
    process(clkin) begin
    if(rising_edge(clkin)) then
    if(tempo = "00000000000000000000") then
    tempo <= "11110100001001000000";
    clkout <= '1';
    else
    tempo <= tempo -'1';
    clkout <= '0';
    end if;
    end if;
    end process;

    process(reset,start,clkout,counter) begin
    if(reset='0')then
    counter <= "000";
    led <= '1';
    else
    if(start='0')then
    led <= '0';
    counter <= "000";
    else
    if(rising_edge(clkout))then
    counter <= counter +'1';
    end if;
    if(counter > "101")then
    led <= '1';
    counter <= "000";
    end if;
    end if;
    end if;
    end process;
    end behave;

    Regards
    Ivano

    Ivangray, Jan 6, 2007

  2. Ivangray

    Ajeetha Guest

    Hi,
    What do you mean by "it doesn't work"? Show us the exact error (Sorry
    I didn't compile your code to see the error myself)

    Ajeetha, CVC
    www.noveldv.com

    Ajeetha, Jan 7, 2007

  3. Ivangray

    Ivangray Guest

    Ajeetha ha scritto:
    > Hi,
    > What do you mean by "it doesn't work"? Show us the exact error (Sorry
    > I didn't compile your code to see the error myself)
    >
    > Ajeetha, CVC
    > www.noveldv.com
    >
    > Ivangray wrote:
    >> Hi,
    >> I'm a new user for work with a fpga components, I use ACTEL Fusion
    >> Starter KIT.
    >> I dont understand why this code dont work in ModelSim ACTEL 6.1b when
    >> compile follow code :

    Now compile. On manual I see must use -explict.
    The problem now is tempo value is alwais XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX i dont
    understand this error.

    regards
    Ivano

    Ivangray, Jan 7, 2007
  4. Ivangray schrieb:

    > Now compile. On manual I see must use -explict.
    > The problem now is tempo value is alwais XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX i dont
    > understand this error.

    Take your code, assume tempo=XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX and think about
    what your code would do on the next clock cycle.

    Maybe you should start with a reset to set tempo in a known state.

    bye Thomas

    Thomas Stanka, Jan 8, 2007