Modelsim AE / multiple waveform windows

OL

I'm beginning to use the Altera Edition of Modelsim (6.1d). Is there a
way to have, in a simulation, several waveform windows ? If not, is it
possible with the full Modelsim edition ?

Hans

I am not sure if the OEM version is restricted in this way but I would
suggest you simply try it out. Run your simulations and save the wlf files.
Then reload them all (wlf files that is) and see if you can open up multiple
waveform windows. I would also suggest you checkout the window panes option
which can be quite useful if you have to display lots of signals.

Hans
www.ht-lab.com

OL

Hans said:
I am not sure if the OEM version is restricted in this way but I would
suggest you simply try it out. Run your simulations and save the wlf files.
Then reload them all (wlf files that is) and see if you can open up multiple
waveform windows.
Yes, I tried this, but it does not seem to work. I can't open multiple
windows.

I would also suggest you checkout the window panes option
which can be quite useful if you have to display lots of signals.
Ok, I will try this.

Thanks for your reply.

OL

homoalteraiensis

I remember a hint in mento's spec, that more than one waveform windows
is not available for the budget versions of modelsim