modelsim and psl support

Hugo

Hi everyone
I've been trying to get some psl assertions to work with my design on
Modelsim, but nothing seems to work.

I have moved the psl assertions on a separate file (vunit), and I even
got this message when compiling on modelsim:

which made me think that I had got something.. but I have no assertions
on the Assertion view, and no messages on the console!

Does anyone have a sample code? something that works on modelsim ?
Thank you very much!

Here's my testing code:
vunit bla_unit(system (system)){
default clock is rising_edge(clk);
property test is never (sig1 and sig2);
assert test;

lelesa

Hi,
I'm having the same problem... I tried both with separate file and
comments in vhdl files. I can tell for sure that the psl code is
compiled, but I can't see the assertions...

Hugo ha scritto:

NigelE

Hi,
I'm having the same problem... I tried both with separate file and
comments in vhdl files. I can tell for sure that the psl code is
compiled, but I can't see the assertions...

Hugo ha scritto:

ModelSim does not support PSL by default.
You need to add a Questa Option to your configuration to access this
language capability.
I hope this clarifies the situation.

Best Regards

- Nigel

lelesa

Sorry, I don't get it, I'm quite new to modelsim... Where should I add
this option? In the simulation configuration, I can disable or enable
PSL support, but nothing works... I'm starting to believe that my
license doesn't allow PSL simulation (I'm using Modelsim 6.1 Lattice
Edition...). I tried to read the user manual, but I didn't find
anything.

Thanks,
lele

NigelE ha scritto:

NigelE

Ajeetha said:
I believe one needs to purchase a separate license key for this.

Ajeetha, CVC
www.noveldv.com

Sorry I wasn't being clear. For 'add' read 'purchase' .

Also, this is only available direct from Mentor (ie not from the FPGA
vendors) and may require an upgrade of your ModelSim first.

- Nigel