modelsim and psl support

Discussion in 'VHDL' started by Hugo, Oct 24, 2006.

  1. Hugo

    Hugo Guest

    Hi everyone
    I've been trying to get some psl assertions to work with my design on
    Modelsim, but nothing seems to work.

    I have moved the psl assertions on a separate file (vunit), and I even
    got this message when compiling on modelsim:

    which made me think that I had got something.. but I have no assertions
    on the Assertion view, and no messages on the console!

    Does anyone have a sample code? something that works on modelsim ?
    Thank you very much!

    Here's my testing code:
    vunit bla_unit(system (system)){
    default clock is rising_edge(clk);
    property test is never (sig1 and sig2);
    assert test;
    }
    Hugo, Oct 24, 2006

  2. Hugo

    Guest

    Hi,
    I'm having the same problem... I tried both with separate file and
    comments in vhdl files. I can tell for sure that the psl code is
    compiled, but I can't see the assertions...

    Hugo ha scritto:

    > Hi everyone
    > I've been trying to get some psl assertions to work with my design on
    > Modelsim, but nothing seems to work.
    >
    > I have moved the psl assertions on a separate file (vunit), and I even
    > got this message when compiling on modelsim:

    > which made me think that I had got something.. but I have no assertions
    > on the Assertion view, and no messages on the console!
    >
    > Does anyone have a sample code? something that works on modelsim ?
    > Thank you very much!
    >

    > Here's my testing code:
    > vunit bla_unit(system (system)){
    > default clock is rising_edge(clk);
    > property test is never (sig1 and sig2);
    > assert test;
    > }
    , Nov 22, 2006

  3. Hugo

    NigelE Guest

    wrote:
    > Hi,
    > I'm having the same problem... I tried both with separate file and
    > comments in vhdl files. I can tell for sure that the psl code is
    > compiled, but I can't see the assertions...
    >
    > Hugo ha scritto:
    >
    > > Hi everyone
    > > I've been trying to get some psl assertions to work with my design on
    > > Modelsim, but nothing seems to work.
    > >
    > > I have moved the psl assertions on a separate file (vunit), and I even
    > > got this message when compiling on modelsim:

    > > which made me think that I had got something.. but I have no assertions
    > > on the Assertion view, and no messages on the console!
    > >
    > > Does anyone have a sample code? something that works on modelsim ?
    > > Thank you very much!
    > >

    > > Here's my testing code:
    > > vunit bla_unit(system (system)){
    > > default clock is rising_edge(clk);
    > > property test is never (sig1 and sig2);
    > > assert test;
    > > }

    ModelSim does not support PSL by default.
    You need to add a Questa Option to your configuration to access this
    language capability.
    I hope this clarifies the situation.

    Best Regards

    - Nigel
    NigelE, Nov 22, 2006
  4. Hugo

    Guest

    Sorry, I don't get it, I'm quite new to modelsim... Where should I add
    this option? In the simulation configuration, I can disable or enable
    PSL support, but nothing works... I'm starting to believe that my
    license doesn't allow PSL simulation (I'm using Modelsim 6.1 Lattice
    Edition...). I tried to read the user manual, but I didn't find
    anything.

    Thanks,
    lele

    NigelE ha scritto:

    > ModelSim does not support PSL by default.
    > You need to add a Questa Option to your configuration to access this
    > language capability.
    > I hope this clarifies the situation.
    >
    > Best Regards
    >
    > - Nigel
    , Nov 23, 2006
  5. Hugo

    Ajeetha Guest

    I believe one needs to purchase a separate license key for this.

    Ajeetha, CVC
    www.noveldv.com

    Ajeetha, Nov 23, 2006
  6. Hugo

    NigelE Guest

    Ajeetha wrote:
    > I believe one needs to purchase a separate license key for this.
    >
    > Ajeetha, CVC
    > www.noveldv.com
    >
    > wrote:
    > > Sorry, I don't get it, I'm quite new to modelsim... Where should I add
    > > this option? In the simulation configuration, I can disable or enable
    > > PSL support, but nothing works... I'm starting to believe that my
    > > license doesn't allow PSL simulation (I'm using Modelsim 6.1 Lattice
    > > Edition...). I tried to read the user manual, but I didn't find
    > > anything.
    > >
    > > Thanks,
    > > lele
    > >

    > > NigelE ha scritto:
    > >
    > > > ModelSim does not support PSL by default.
    > > > You need to add a Questa Option to your configuration to access this
    > > > language capability.
    > > > I hope this clarifies the situation.
    > > >
    > > > Best Regards
    > > >
    > > > - Nigel

    Sorry I wasn't being clear. For 'add' read 'purchase' .

    Also, this is only available direct from Mentor (ie not from the FPGA
    vendors) and may require an upgrade of your ModelSim first.

    - Nigel
    NigelE, Nov 23, 2006
  7. Hugo

    Guest

    Thanks for the answers, now everything is clear...

    NigelE ha scritto:

    > Ajeetha wrote:
    > > I believe one needs to purchase a separate license key for this.
    > >
    > > Ajeetha, CVC
    > > www.noveldv.com
    > >
    > > wrote:
    > > > Sorry, I don't get it, I'm quite new to modelsim... Where should I add
    > > > this option? In the simulation configuration, I can disable or enable
    > > > PSL support, but nothing works... I'm starting to believe that my
    > > > license doesn't allow PSL simulation (I'm using Modelsim 6.1 Lattice
    > > > Edition...). I tried to read the user manual, but I didn't find
    > > > anything.
    > > >
    > > > Thanks,
    > > > lele

    > Sorry I wasn't being clear. For 'add' read 'purchase' .
    >
    > Also, this is only available direct from Mentor (ie not from the FPGA
    > vendors) and may require an upgrade of your ModelSim first.
    >
    > - Nigel
    , Nov 24, 2006