    RAM array all locations come up as "UUUUUUUU".Any ideas why this could be
    happening?

    thanks

    fpgawizz, Apr 4, 2005

  2. fpgawizz wrote:

    > RAM array all locations come up as "UUUUUUUU".Any ideas why this could be
    > happening?

    Since a RAM has no reset,
    it comes filled with 'U's.
    Writing RAM will replace
    the 'U's at one location with data.

    -- Mike Treseler

    Mike Treseler, Apr 4, 2005

  3. fpgawizz

    fpgawizz Guest

    Mike
    I am writing data into this RAM. I have a testbench that writes like 5
    data bytes into 5 different locations..I can see the addr and data lines
    getting the right data when WE is asserted but inside the array, they all
    turn up as "UUUUUUUU"

    fpgawizz, Apr 4, 2005