    under my library, I can click on the testbench file and it opens
    in SIM but objects window is simply empty.

    Please Help !!!
    KellyB, Aug 25, 2008

  2. KellyB

    rickman Guest

    KellyB wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I'm new to testbenches so I set a goal to get some examples
    > to work under ModelSim PE Student Edition 6.4.
    >
    > I'm trying to do the simplest of things - to simulate a vhdl file.
    > However once compiled, I have no objects hence nothing that can be added
    > to the waveform.
    >
    > I get no errors at all, just no objects after I compile. I see the file
    > under my library, I can click on the testbench file and it opens
    > in SIM but objects window is simply empty.

    I don't recall ModelSim exactly, but in ActiveHDL there is a view of
    files and a separate view of the compiled entities. Can you see any
    tabs for a different view or is there another window you can open?

    Rick
    rickman, Aug 25, 2008

  3. KellyB

    KellyB Guest

    rickman wrote:
    > KellyB wrote:

    ...snip..

    >> I get no errors at all, just no objects after I compile. I see the file
    >> under my library, I can click on the testbench file and it opens
    >> in SIM but objects window is simply empty.

    > I don't recall ModelSim exactly, but in ActiveHDL there is a view of
    > files and a separate view of the compiled entities. Can you see any
    > tabs for a different view or is there another window you can open?
    >
    > Rick

    Thanks for the reply.
    After some tinkering , i've managed to obtain the compiled objects but
    now i have a different problem.

    # Compile of test.v was successful.
    vsim test.v
    # vsim test.v
    # ** Error: (vsim-19) Failed to access library 'test' at "test".
    # No such file or directory. (errno = ENOENT)
    # Error loading design

    :(

    Can anyone using ModelSim Please help ?
    KellyB, Aug 25, 2008
  4. KellyB

    smqasim Guest

    On Aug 25, 10:28 pm, KellyB <> wrote:
    > rickman wrote:
    > > KellyB wrote:

    > ..snip..
    >
    > >> I get no errors at all, just no objects after I compile. I see the file
    > >> under my library, I can click on the testbench file and it opens
    > >> in SIM but objects window is simply empty.

    > > I don't recall ModelSim exactly, but in ActiveHDL there is a view of
    > > files and a separate view of the compiled entities.  Can you see any
    > > tabs for a different view or is there another window you can open?

    > > Rick

    > Thanks for the reply.
    > After some tinkering , i've managed to obtain the compiled objects but
    > now i have a different problem.
    >
    > # Compile of test.v was successful.
    > vsim test.v
    > # vsim test.v
    > # ** Error: (vsim-19) Failed to access library 'test' at "test".
    > # No such file or directory. (errno = ENOENT)
    > # Error loading design
    >
    > :(
    >
    > Can anyone using ModelSim Please help ?

    Did you save your verilog or vhdl file under the working directory.
    If not thn do it, hope it will solve the problem
    smqasim, Aug 25, 2008
  5. KellyB

    KellyB Guest

    smqasim wrote:
    > On Aug 25, 10:28 pm, KellyB <> wrote:
    >> rickman wrote:
    >>> KellyB wrote:

    >> ..snip..

    >>> I don't recall ModelSim exactly, but in ActiveHDL there is a view of
    >>> files and a separate view of the compiled entities. Can you see any
    >>> tabs for a different view or is there another window you can open?
    >>> Rick

    >> Thanks for the reply.
    >> After some tinkering , i've managed to obtain the compiled objects but
    >> now i have a different problem.
    >>
    >> # Compile of test.v was successful.
    >> vsim test.v
    >> # vsim test.v
    >> # ** Error: (vsim-19) Failed to access library 'test' at "test".
    >> # No such file or directory. (errno = ENOENT)
    >> # Error loading design
    >>
    >> :(
    >>
    >> Can anyone using ModelSim Please help ?

    > Did you save your verilog or vhdl file under the working directory.
    > If not thn do it, hope it will solve the problem

    Thanks rickman and smqasim (I'm Sorry I don't know the names) for the
    reply. I've managed to pin down the issue. Its working fine now.

    Thanks Again
    KellyB, Aug 26, 2008