ModelSim problem

Discussion in 'VHDL' started by Cor, Dec 19, 2005.

  1. Cor

    Cor Guest

    Hi guys,

    I have got a very strange problem regarding ModelSim.

    Both at the office as at home I use the 6.0c version of ModelSim SE. At
    the office everything works like a charm, but when I try to siumulate
    the excact same design at home ModelSim dies without any warning or
    error message during the load of the design. This happens with every
    design I try to load for simulation. Compilation of source code in
    ModelSim works perfectly.

    I tried everything I could think of to solve this issue, but to no
    avail.
    - Reinstalled ModelSim
    - Downgraded to 5.8
    - Upgraded to 6.1
    - Reinstalled the FlexLM dongle drivers

    Anybody experienced this behaviour before? Any idea about the cause and
    how to solve it?

    Best regards,

    Cor
    Cor, Dec 19, 2005

  2. Cor wrote:

    > I tried everything I could think of to solve this issue, but to no
    > avail.
    > - Reinstalled ModelSim
    > - Downgraded to 5.8
    > - Upgraded to 6.1
    > - Reinstalled the FlexLM dongle drivers

    Sounds like a memory problem.
    Try it at home on a different computer.

    -- Mike Treseler
    Mike Treseler, Dec 19, 2005

  3. Cor

    Guest

    Cor wrote:
    > Hi guys,
    >
    > I have got a very strange problem regarding ModelSim.
    >
    > Both at the office as at home I use the 6.0c version of ModelSim SE. At
    > the office everything works like a charm, but when I try to siumulate
    > the excact same design at home ModelSim dies without any warning or
    > error message during the load of the design. This happens with every
    > design I try to load for simulation. Compilation of source code in
    > ModelSim works perfectly.
    >
    > I tried everything I could think of to solve this issue, but to no
    > avail.
    > - Reinstalled ModelSim
    > - Downgraded to 5.8
    > - Upgraded to 6.1
    > - Reinstalled the FlexLM dongle drivers
    >
    > Anybody experienced this behaviour before? Any idea about the cause and
    > how to solve it?

    Is that the one where all the Modelsim windows vanish suddenly?

    Try deleting your work library and compiling your code again.

    Regards,
    Allan
    , Dec 19, 2005