Modelsim simulation Problem?

Discussion in 'VHDL' started by alexglvr, Jun 16, 2009.

  1. alexglvr

    alexglvr

    Joined:
    Jun 16, 2009
    Messages:
    3
    Hello,

    I am working on a vhdl project and i have a problem when i want to make a behavioral simulation...

    - I compile the project : OK
    - I then go to the Simulate Menu/Start simulation.
    - a Popup windows open asking me to select a module.
    - I select the TestBensh/behavioral module.

    And then, nothing happens... I only have "Loading..." at the bottom of the windows.....

    Could you help me please?

    Sincerely,

    Alex

    alexglvr, Jun 16, 2009

  2. alexglvr

    alexglvr

    Joined:
    Jun 16, 2009
    Messages:
    3
    If i wait, i get, after a quite long time : "# Error: Failed to start simulation kernel"

    alexglvr, Jun 16, 2009

  3. alexglvr

    debayan_p

    Joined:
    Jun 2, 2009
    Messages:
    23
    Where have u been saving ur .vhd files ?

    By default it is saved under the 'work' directory. So when the 'Start Simulation' window opens, the 1st expandable library u'll see is work. Under this u can view all the entity names of the codes you have compiled. If not then the special folder under which u have been compiling ur work must be listed.
    Have I understood ur problem....

    debayan_p, Jun 17, 2009