    I tried also Simulink with ActiveHDL and I have the same problem !!!

    Is it Simulink which have this limitation ?

    Thanks to all VHDL designer...

    Patrick, Oct 19, 2004

  2. Patrick wrote:

    > Hello everybody,
    >
    > I would like to use Modelsim and Simulink to simulate my VHDL code...
    >
    > But the minimum time step is 1 ns !!!
    >
    > Is it possible to cosimulate VHDL with Simulink and have à 1 ps time step ?
    >
    > I tried also Simulink with ActiveHDL and I have the same problem !!!
    >
    > Is it Simulink which have this limitation ?
    >
    > Thanks to all VHDL designer...

    Put this in your modelsim(.ini) configuration file:

    ; Simulator resolution
    Resolution = ps

    Regards,
    Johan Wouters === +32-16-395 616/619 (Tel/Fax)
    Senior ASIC designer === Interleuvenlaan 86
    TranSwitch Easics === B-3001 Leuven, BELGIUM
    mailto: === http://www.easics.com

    Johan Wouters, Oct 20, 2004

  3. Patrick

    kiran Guest

    ?

    > I tried also Simulink with ActiveHDL and I have the same problem !!!
    >
    > Is it Simulink which have this limitation ?
    >
    > Thanks to all VHDL designer...

    Please see the section "Representation of Simulation Time" in Link for
    ModelSim documentation
    http://www.mathworks.com/access/helpdesk/help/toolbox/modelsim/

    as mentioned in the doc there is a one to one correspondence between
    simulink and modelsim simulation times.

    1sec in simulink corresponds to 1tick in modelsim and the correspondence
    holds irrespective of size of the tick which is modelsim resolution limit.

    you can use the modelsim command "report simulator state" to verify your
    current resolution limit and can change modelsim resolution limit using -t
    option to 'vsimulink' or 'vsim'

    vsimulink -t 1ps work.entity

    kiran, Oct 20, 2004
  4. Patrick

    mubarak.mohmed

    Joined:
    Oct 8, 2009
    Messages:
    2
    Simulink Modelsim Cosimulation

    Hi..

    i tried to establish link between simulink and modelsim, but i couldn... i tried all the options

    Softwares which i used are,

    1. modelsim 5.7g
    2. MATLAB 7.0.4

    A. if i configure the link in tcp/ip mode

    0. first of all i get confused with this tcp/ip mode of communication. ie. at each time i get different port value.. i don know whether
    this as wrong or right, in some places i found like matlab has one port value but modelsim hav different port vaule.. they hav shown like this
    in diagram itself.

    1. if i invoke modelsim from matlab as vsim('socketsimulink', 1034), modelsim get opened, i created library and compiled the code,
    to simulate the code i issued the command vsimulink work.inverter ... but no use i got the following warning and error messages

    # vsim -foreign {simlinkserver C:/Program Files/MATLAB704/toolbox/modelsim/win32/simulinklink.dll ; -socket 1034} work.inverter
    # ** Warning: (vsim-FLI-3162) Ignoring extra files in foreign attribute "simlinkserver C:/Program Files/MATLAB7043/toolbox/modelsim/win32/simulinklink.dll ; -socket 1034".
    # ** Error: (vsim-3193) Load of "C:/Program" failed: File not found.
    # ** Error: (vsim-FLI-3160) Failed to load FLI object file "C:/Program".

    2. if i run the matlab model it shows the error like

    Error in 'ml_ms/VHDL Cosimulation': Initialization commands cannot be evaluated. MATLAB error message: Error using ==> set_param
    Error reported by S-function 'smtifli' in 'ml_ms/VHDL Cosimulation':
    Socket connection was closed by the other side
    The communications link to ModelSim failed.
    Launch Modelsim using the MATLAB command: 'vsim'.
    Make sure the connection settings in the block are valid.
    Load the desired VHDL model using the vsimulink command in ModelSim.

    B. I tried in shared memory mode too..

    1. i got the same loading error in modelsim,

    2. but in matlab model i got error like

    Error in 'ml_ms/VHDL Cosimulation': Initialization commands cannot be evaluated. MATLAB error message: Error using ==> set_param
    Error reported by S-function 'smtifli' in 'ml_ms/VHDL Cosimulation':
    Failed to connect to server. Make sure the loaded ModelSim model is using shared memory.

    but i don know how to configure the modelsim to work using shared memory..

    but for the message.. i used modelsim as a cracked version jus pasting licence.dat, mgs, dll file in modelsim\win32 folder.. i don know whether this link
    work with cracked version...

    how to solve this problem....?

    Thanks in advance
    Mubu