    the state machine diagram

    Thanks and regards,
    Neha
    Neha, Nov 11, 2007

    http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.vhdl/browse_thread/thread/9e95d90d0bff88fa

    > Also, i'd be grateful if somebody would tell me the command to view
    > the state machine diagram

    I can view state variable waveforms in simulation
    but there are no circles and arrows diagrams in modelsim.
    I use the quartus state viewer for this.

    -- Mike Treseler
    Mike Treseler, Nov 11, 2007

  3. Neha

    Neha Guest

    That worked :)
    Thanks a lot!
    Neha, Nov 11, 2007
  4. Neha

    HT-Lab Guest

    "Mike Treseler" <> wrote in message
    > Neha wrote:
    >
    >> In Modelsim, is there any way to view signals internal to a component
    >> instance?

    > http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.vhdl/browse_thread/thread/9e95d90d0bff88fa
    >
    >> Also, i'd be grateful if somebody would tell me the command to view
    >> the state machine diagram

    > I can view state variable waveforms in simulation
    > but there are no circles and arrows diagrams in modelsim.
    > I use the quartus state viewer for this.

    He probably means using the code coverage option of his SE version which has
    a graphical FSM viewer. To look at your FSM (no testbench required) just
    compile using "vcom -f cover xxx", then run "vsim -coverage yyy"and finally
    double click on missing coverage state variable and you will get a very nice
    diagram.

    I would suggest you install 6.3c which has superior FSM style recognition
    (added in 6.3),

    Hans
    www.ht-lab.com

    HT-Lab, Nov 12, 2007
  5. Neha

    Neha Guest

    On Nov 12, 2:09 pm, "HT-Lab" <> wrote:
    > He probably means using the code coverage option of his SE version which has
    > a graphical FSM viewer. To look at your FSM (no testbench required) just
    > compile using "vcom -f cover xxx", then run "vsim -coverage yyy"and finally
    > double click on missing coverage state variable and you will get a very nice
    > diagram.
    >
    > I would suggest you install 6.3c which has superior FSM style recognition
    > (added in 6.3),
    >
    > Hanswww.ht-lab.com
    >
    > Got that Diagram. Thanx:)

    ....(I'm not a 'He')

    Neha, Nov 12, 2007
  6. Neha

    HT-Lab Guest

    "Neha" <> wrote in message
    > On Nov 12, 2:09 pm, "HT-Lab" <> wrote:
    >> He probably means using the code coverage option of his SE version which
    >> has
    >> a graphical FSM viewer. To look at your FSM (no testbench required) just
    >> compile using "vcom -f cover xxx", then run "vsim -coverage yyy"and
    >> finally
    >> double click on missing coverage state variable and you will get a very
    >> nice
    >> diagram.
    >>
    >> I would suggest you install 6.3c which has superior FSM style recognition
    >> (added in 6.3),
    >>
    >> Hanswww.ht-lab.com
    >>
    >> Got that Diagram. Thanx:)

    > ...(I'm not a 'He')

    My apologies, next time I will google first :)

    http://www.behindthename.com/name/neha

    Hans
    www.ht-lab.com

    HT-Lab, Nov 12, 2007
  7. HT-Lab wrote:

    > To look at your FSM (no testbench required) just
    > compile using "vcom -f cover xxx", then run "vsim -coverage yyy"and finally
    > double click on missing coverage state variable and you will get a very nice
    > diagram.

    That's useful.
    Thanks for the tip.

    -- Mike Treseler