Modelsim+Xilinx Block Ram Collision warnings

eko

Joined
Apr 16, 2008
Messages
12
Reaction score
0
Hey,

these warnings drive me crazy, I use several (like more than 30) dual portblock rams, generated with the Xilinx CoreGenerator. All without port-enable-ports, means: no ena and enb, only wea and web :)

Now, by default both address ports are initialized with zero...write enable for port B is set to 0 as well, still with EVERY simulation cycle (at least until the address changes - but that takes quite some time) I get a collision warning, e.g.

# Time: 4 us Iteration: 14 Instance: /some/very/crazy/path/to/an/instance
# ** Warning: blk_mem_gen_v2_6 WARNING: collision detected: A write address: 0000000000, B write address: 0000000000

This drives me crazy, since this makes it nearly impossible to read the warnings thrown by other components that might be intresting for me. I already used the switch in the coregen promising to suppress warnings, but seems as if coregen and I disagree about what warnings we are talking about.

Anyone with an idea?

Thx in advance,

e.