    http://www.dcs-chico.com/~denmarks/
    Mail to the return email address is bounced.
    Go to web site for active email address.

    Dennis M. Marks, Sep 18, 2004

  2. Quoth the raven Dennis M. Marks:

    > I have run into a problem with the new Amtrak.com web site. It I
    > set my browser to use a larger font size, such as 14, the
    > information overflows out of the designed boxes.

    http://amtrak.com/ redirects via JavaScript only to:
    http://www.amtrak.com/servlet/ContentServer?pagename=Amtrak/HomePage

    ...which is one of the worst pages I've looked at in quite a while (for
    a commercial site).

    > Should I expect a large commercial web site to be able to handle
    > any reasonable font and size set in my preferences?

    You should be able to expect that...

    > Other sites seem to handle a larger font size with no problems. Is
    > this just a design problem with Amtrak?

    Definitely. I was surprised the W3C validator only shows 123 errors
    in that HomePage.
    <http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.amtrak.com%2Fservlet%2FContentServer%3Fpagename%3DAmtrak%2FHomePage>

    --
    -bts