    any idea ???

    --
    Sivaswami Jeganathan
    Sivaswami Jeganathan, Mar 27, 2006

  2. Sivaswami Jeganathan wrote:
    > Hi
    >
    > I created an asp page
    > it looks different when looked from an 1024x768
    > than
    > it looked on 800x600 resolution. how to control
    > this
    > any idea ???

    This is not really an ASP problem, more of an html/css problem, .
    Learn to write html/css that displays correctly regardless of the
    resolution, then modify your asp code to generate the proper html.

    Google should find you some relevant resources. For example:
    http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&...GGLD:2005-37,GGLD:en&q=html screen resolution

    HTML/CSS questions will get better response in one of the newsgroups devoted
    to those topics (http://groups.google.com/groups/dir?sel=33584039).

    Bob Barrows

    --
    Microsoft MVP -- ASP/ASP.NET
    Bob Barrows [MVP], Mar 27, 2006

  3. Sivaswami Jeganathan

    Mike Brind Guest

    Sivaswami Jeganathan wrote:
    > Hi
    >
    > I created an asp page
    > it looks different when looked from an 1024x768
    > than
    > it looked on 800x600 resolution. how to control
    > this
    > any idea ???
    >
    > --
    > Sivaswami Jeganathan

    Through proper use of HTML and CSS authoring. You should ask this
    question in an HTML (comp.infosystems.www.authoring.html) or CSS
    (comp.infosystems.www.authoring.stylesheets) authoring group.

    Incidentally, just because someone has a monitor of 1024x768
    resolution, that doesn't mean they will have a browser window open at
    that size....

    --
    Mike Brind
    Mike Brind, Mar 27, 2006
  4. Sivaswami Jeganathan

    Naresh Guest

    it's not an ASP problem at all.

    there is one simple way to get rid of any HTML page
    or for ur case go to <BODY> tag.
    then....
    replace <BODY> by ...

    <BODY TOPMARGIN="0" leftmargin="0">
    ok..
    another thing..

    dont make use of assigning td, tr, <div> tags in pixels
    insted make use of %age

    Naresh
    Naresh, Mar 28, 2006