    Is this kind of scenario even possible with the radiobuttonlist control, and
    if so, could someone point me in the right direction as to how to accomplish
    this. TIA.
    Mark, Jun 9, 2005

  2. Hi Denmast,

    Welcome to ASPNET newsgroup.
    As for the problem you mentioned, here are some of my suggestions:

    1. Since the RadioButtonList control is well encapsulated and doesn't
    provide any buildin means for injecting and customzation, I don't think
    it's appropriate to use radioButtionList for your scenario(inject some sub
    level check items between each top level items).
    If you do need such structure output, I suggest you considering creating a
    custom control which will output the RadioButtion collection depending on
    the datasource and each RadioButton is put in a TableCell together with
    another
    Container control within it. The container control( maybe a panel or place
    holder ) will contains those such level check items of each toplevel radio
    buttion. And in the RadioButton's click event, we can show the subitems.

    2. Also, do you think it possible that we don't inject the sub level items
    between the top level radio buttions? We can separate the top level radio
    buttions and the sub level items. Forexample, we use a radioButtonList to
    display the toplevel options and then, when a certain item is selected , we
    display the subitems dynamically in another table or panel and when it's
    unselected, we hidden those sub items and display the new subitems
    according to the new selected one.

    How do you think of this? If there're anything unclear or any other ideas,
    please feel free to post here. Thanks,

    Steven Cheng
    Microsoft Online Support

    Get Secure! www.microsoft.com/security
    rights.)
    Steven Cheng[MSFT], Jun 9, 2005

  3. Mark

    Mark Guest

    Thank you Steven, I appreciate the feedback. You've given me some good ideas!
    Mark, Jun 9, 2005
  4. You're welcome Denmast,

    If anything else we can help later, please also feel free to post here.

    Regards,

    Steven Cheng[MSFT], Jun 10, 2005