Modify rows in DataTable

Elton Wang

Hi Steve,

Suppose you want to change text in some column depending
on the data in data source, you can do it in ItemDataBound
event.

Dim itemType As ListItemType = e.Item.ItemType
If itemType = ListItemType.AlternatingItem OrElse itemType
= ListItemType.Item Then
' Get data from underlying data source
Dim drv As DataRowView = CType(e.Item.DataItem,
DataRowView)
Dim cell As TableCell = e.Item.Cells(colIndex)
If drv(colindex) = (today's event) Then
cell.Text = "Today"
cell.BackColor = Color.Red
End If
End If

The ItemDataBound will automatically loop thru whole rows

HTH

Elton Wang
elton_wang_hotmail.com