modify this c++ source code

Discussion in 'C++' started by c++ newbie, Dec 5, 2005.

  1. c++ newbie

    c++ newbie Guest

    hello gurus of C++ programming,

    I am a student doing my masters in computer applications.I am a bit
    experienced in VB 6.0.I am currently doing a project in vb 6.

    To accompish a certain task I have to use C++ programming.So I searched
    for the sample coding in the web and I found some source code.

    The C++source code reads the hardware manufacturer information from the
    harddisk like its

    Serial number[the permanent harddisk serial number and not the volume
    information which changes on formatting]this cannot be done from VB
    and some other datas which I am not interested in.

    I am a novice in C++ programming.

    currently on running the exe the exe displays the informations to the
    user and closes itself(pretty quickly).

    I would like you guys to help me in the following areas.

    I dont want the exe to display any info to the user,
    instead there will be a text file named "sno" [sno.txt opens with
    Notepad] at the location "c:\windows\"

    On running the exe file
    The Drive serial number must be written to the text file "sno"(just the
    DRIVE SERIAL NUMBER and nothing else either before or after it).

    (if the above number could be copied to the windows clipboard it would
    be a better option)

    And then the exe should exit.(as it does now)

    I am attaching the C++ source code,the exe file and a screen capture of
    the result it generates.
    (the executable runs very fast: so run the executable by having your
    finger on the print screen key and as soon as it runs copy the screen
    paste it on any image editing software and you can get the info)

    I tried to modify the code by myself but of no use.It wont even compile

    I want you guys to help me in modifying the code and compile it into an
    executable file.After doing so please send me back the modified source
    code and the compiled exe file.

    send it to

    http://rapidshare.de/files/8636424/c___help.zip.html

    Expecting help from you guys
    c++ newbie, Dec 5, 2005

  2. * c++ newbie:

    > I want you guys to help me in modifying the code and compile it into an
    > executable file.After doing so please send me back the modified source
    > code and the compiled exe file.

    Disappear, please.

    --
    A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
    Q: Why is it such a bad thing?
    Alf P. Steinbach, Dec 5, 2005

  3. c++ newbie

    W Marsh Guest

    On 4 Dec 2005 18:10:14 -0800, "c++ newbie" <> wrote:

    >hello gurus of C++ programming,
    >
    >I am a student doing my masters in computer applications.I am a bit
    >experienced in VB 6.0.I am currently doing a project in vb 6.

    I hope you fail.

    No, I really do. You'll probably have graduated by next year and take
    up yet another programming job that could have been given to a capable
    person who put time and effort into his studies.
    W Marsh, Dec 5, 2005
  4. c++ newbie wrote:

    > hello gurus of C++ programming,
    >
    > I am a student doing my masters in computer applications.

    From a student doing his masters I would expect to be able
    to do it himself. If you don't know C++ then go to your
    local library, grab a book about C++ and start reading.
    Eventually you will begin understanding what's going
    on in your source code. *Then* start modifying the code
    until it does what you expect.

    As said: From a master, I would expect that he is able to do that.

    --
    Karl Heinz Buchegger
    Karl Heinz Buchegger, Dec 5, 2005
  5. c++ newbie

    Kevin Handy Guest

    c++ newbie wrote:
    > hello gurus of C++ programming,
    >
    > I am a student doing my masters in computer applications.I am a bit
    > experienced in VB 6.0.I am currently doing a project in vb 6.

    A *MASTERS* in computer science, and you only know a 'bit'
    about Visual Basic? Nothing else? I suggust going to a
    different college that actually teaches computer science,
    including non-MicroSoft ideas. You are really wasting
    your time at your current place. Most people who have spent
    over 4 years in computer science know more that a 'bit'
    about a single language.

    Kevin Handy, Dec 5, 2005