    If not, where should I start looking to tweak.

    Thanks
    , Mar 6, 2005

  2. John J. Lee Guest

    writes:

    > I like the way call tips displays argument variables for functions when
    > you type the "(" after the function name. However, if one of the
    > arguments to the function is something like "SomeMod.attribute", the
    > intellisense will display all the exposed methods and attributes when
    > "SomeMod." is typed. This is fine but once I have selected the desired
    > attribute and continue with entering the next argument, the original
    > call tip for the function I'm working on is lost. I think it would be
    > nice if one could hit a key sequence or something to recall the last
    > call tip.
    >
    > Are there some other python editors that have this type of behavior?
    >
    > If not, where should I start looking to tweak.

    You haven't said what editor/IDE you're using now.

    John
    John J. Lee, Mar 6, 2005

    John J. Lee wrote:
    > writes:
    >
    > > I like the way call tips displays argument variables for functions

    when
    > > you type the "(" after the function name. However, if one of the
    > > arguments to the function is something like "SomeMod.attribute",

    the
    > > intellisense will display all the exposed methods and attributes

    when
    > > "SomeMod." is typed. This is fine but once I have selected the

    desired
    > > attribute and continue with entering the next argument, the

    original
    > > call tip for the function I'm working on is lost. I think it would

    be
    > > nice if one could hit a key sequence or something to recall the

    last
    > > call tip.
    > >
    > > Are there some other python editors that have this type of

    behavior?

    > > If not, where should I start looking to tweak.

    > You haven't said what editor/IDE you're using now.
    >

    > John

    I'm using Pythonwin editor now but I have also looked at SPE (Stani),
    PyAlaCarte. I tried to get Eric3 but never could get the Qt stuff to
    work.

    All seem to handle calltips and intellisense slightly different but all
    seem forget the base funcion call tip once another call tip or
    intellisense is displayed while filling in the arguments.

    I guess I would like to use the Pythonwin editor but I'm not against
    other editors if they can be made to work the way I described.
    , Mar 6, 2005
  4. Szabolcs Nagy, Mar 7, 2005