Modifying service name and port name in WSDL

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Services' started by Wind, Apr 1, 2008.

  1. Wind

    Wind Guest

    Hi All,

    I need to conform a WSDL. The WSDL was generated in Axis. Our client has
    generated their classes based on the given WSDL. Now the WSDL is as follows:

    <wsdl:service name="TestService">

    <wsdl:port binding="impl:TestSoapBinding" name="Test">

    <wsdlsoap:address location=http://localhost:8080/Test/services/Test/>

    </wsdl:port>

    </wsdl:service>

    I know the structure of the procedure and wrote the implementation. When I
    generate the web service with .NET C#, the wsdl becomes as follows:

    <wsdl:service name="Test">

    <wsdl:port name="TestSoap" binding="tns:TestSoap">

    <soap:address location="http://localhost:8080/Test/services/Test.asmx" />

    </wsdl:port>

    </wsdl:service>

    If this is the case, our client gets the following error:

    AxisFault

    faultCode: {http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/}Client

    faultSubcode:

    faultString: Server did not recognize the value of HTTP Header SOAPAction: .

    faultActor:

    faultNode:

    faultDetail:

    {http://xml.apache.org/axis/}stackTrace:Server did not recognize the value
    of HTTP Header SOAPAction: .

    How can I modify <wsdl:service name="Test"> as <wsdl:service
    name="TestService"> and

    <wsdl:port name="TestSoap" binding="tns:TestSoap"> as <wsdl:port name="Test"
    binding="tns:Test"> ?

    Many thanks

    Wind

    Wind, Apr 1, 2008

  2. Wind

    Tiago Halm Guest

    The port (interface) is the name exposed by the interface, so
    [ServiceContract(Name = "foo")]
    interface IMyContract
    {}

    The service name is the name of the class implementing the contracts, so
    [ServiceBehavior(Name = "bar")]
    class ServiceImpl : IMyContract
    {}

    I believe "foo" and "bar" are the names you want to costumize.
    Let me know what you get

    Tiago Halm

    Tiago Halm, Apr 1, 2008