    picture. But it surrounds the whole picture with the blue outline and I
    would very much like to learn how to change that color.

    Thanks

    Ogre01, Dec 29, 2005

  2. Ogre01

    Els Guest

    Ogre01 wrote:

    > I am trying to figure out how to modify the color of the outline around
    > my jpeg which I have set up using <map> to get links inside the
    > picture. But it surrounds the whole picture with the blue outline and I
    > would very much like to learn how to change that color.

    In your stylesheet or styleblock:
    a img{border-color:red;}

    I'm not sure though, why you would have any border outside your jpeg,
    if that image isn't a link itself. Unless you are having nested links?
    Does the code validate?

    --
    Els http://locusmeus.com/
    - Renato Russo -

    Els, Dec 29, 2005

  3. Ogre01

    Ogre01 Guest

    I haven't tried to validate yet. I did a <map> to draw regions of the
    jpeg as clickable links and it put a blue (default) line around the
    jpeg like it usually does for links. I have tried to use the stylesheet
    but don't know what to use as the target tags to make the change.

    The <a> change doesn't seem to work cause in the <map> it doesn't use
    the <a> instead only the href to make the link. Perhaps I typed wrong,
    I'll try again.

    Ogre01, Dec 29, 2005
  4. Ogre01

    kchayka Guest

    Ogre01 wrote:
    > I am trying to figure out how to modify the color of the outline around
    > my jpeg which I have set up using <map> to get links inside the
    > picture.

    If you're referring to an image map, it is very unlikely you can change
    the focus outline color of the individual links within it. Browser
    support for styling the outline property is practically nonexistent, anyway.

    kchayka, Dec 29, 2005
  5. Ogre01

    Els Guest

    Ogre01 wrote:

    > I haven't tried to validate yet. I did a <map> to draw regions of the
    > jpeg as clickable links and it put a blue (default) line around the
    > jpeg like it usually does for links. I have tried to use the stylesheet
    > but don't know what to use as the target tags to make the change.
    >
    > The <a> change doesn't seem to work cause in the <map> it doesn't use
    > the <a> instead only the href to make the link. Perhaps I typed wrong,
    > I'll try again.

    Well, I have never seen an outline around an image map before. If the
    problem persists, can you give a link to the page in question? (or if
    that's not doable, a url to an example page)

    BTW - to get more answers in this newsgroup, please read this link
    before you reply:

    TIA :)

    --
    Els http://locusmeus.com/