Module for dialoging with intercative programs, sockets, files,etc.

Olive

I have found telnetlib which make very easy to interact with a telnet server, especially the read_until command. I wonder if something similar exits for other things that a telnet server. I for the moment have in mind interacting with a GSM modem (we do it by reading and writing a pseudo serial device file). But we could also want to interact with an interactive program ora socket, etc...

Olive

Ulrich Eckhardt

Am 05.08.2013 21:38, schrieb Olive:
I have found telnetlib which make very easy to interact with a telnet
server, especially the read_until command. I wonder if something
similar exits for other things that a telnet server.

It's not Python and I haven't played with it extensively, but there is a
tool named "expect": https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Expect

Uli