    search-fu is not strong.

    Thanks.

    --hymie! http://lactose.homelinux.net/~hymie

    hymie!, Mar 16, 2011

  2. hymie!

    Justin C Guest

    On 2011-03-16, hymie! <> wrote:
    > Greetings.
    >
    > My company has recently switched to MS CRM

    Abandon ship!!

    Sorry, seriously though, I don't know. Doesn't the CRM drive SQL,
    surely there's a database underneath it somewhere? Wouldn't that be
    what you want to talk to?

    Justin.

    --
    Justin C, by the sea.

    Justin C, Mar 18, 2011

  3. hymie!

    hymie! Guest

    Wow. I could have sworn I posted a response to this, but I can't seem
    to find it on my news server.

    Justin C <>, who said:

    >On 2011-03-16, hymie! <> wrote:
    >Sorry, seriously though, I don't know. Doesn't the CRM drive SQL,
    >surely there's a database underneath it somewhere? Wouldn't that be
    >what you want to talk to?

    Because the database is an ugly mess of poorly-named tables which I
    would rather not have to deal with, and assorted other wheels I would
    rather not have to reinvent. The software, on the other hand, should
    know all of this information already.

    For example, my "primary" table has four fields. Each field contains
    a numeric value. Somewhere in the database are tables that related these
    numeric values to the text values I need. Those tables have names like
    AR090109. There are a few dozen tables with names like that. I don't
    want to have to figure out what each table is, when I can in theory just
    ask the CRM "If the GUI would have displayed a text value, what would it
    have been?"

    Also, my copy of freetds does not work with UTF-8, which is apparantly
    what one of my fields is encoded in. freetds seems to have disappeared;
    at least, I can't find it, although my google-fu is admittedly very weak.

    --hymie! http://lactose.homelinux.net/~hymie

    hymie!, Mar 23, 2011