module installation through VC++

zeeshan

Hi All,
Im trying to install perl html::strip module using visual C++ express
edition. I was able to do it comfortably on my laptop without any
problems but now im stuck on the server.
Im able to nmake it...but whn i type "nmake test" it gives me error
Cant load `blib\arch/auto/HTML/Strip/Strip.dll' for module
HTML::Strip: load_file: The specified module could not be found at
D:/.../Dynaloader.pm line 230. at test.pl line 10
Compilation failed in require at test.pl line 10.
BEGIN failed --compilation aborted at test.pl line 10.
NMAKE : fatal error U1077: `D:\..\bin\perl.exe' : return code `0x2'
Stop.
Is this machine specific problem? How can i get this done.
Can anyone help me out with this...thanks in advance.

sisyphus

Im trying to install perl html::strip module using visual C++ express
edition.

Which version of HTML::Strip are you trying to install.

Using VC 7.0 to build HTML-Strip-1.06 (perl-5.10.1), I find that
'nmake' fails:

..
..
strip_html.c
strip_html.c(38) : warning C4013: 'strcasecmp' undefined; assuming
extern returning int
..
..
..
Creating library blib\arch\auto\HTML\Strip\Strip.lib and object blib
\arch\aut
o\HTML\Strip\Strip.exp
strip_html.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _strcasecmp
referenced in function _check_end
blib\arch\auto\HTML\Strip\Strip.dll : fatal error LNK1120: 1
unresolved external
NMAKE : fatal error U1077: 'link' : return code '0x460'
Stop.

Also which version of perl do you have ? (Best if you can give us the
entire output of running 'perl -V'.)

Cheers,
Rob