    Stop.
    Is this machine specific problem? How can i get this done.
    Can anyone help me out with this...thanks in advance.

    zeeshan, Aug 26, 2009

  2. zeeshan

    sisyphus Guest

    On Aug 26, 3:25 pm, zeeshan <> wrote:

    > Im trying to install perl html::strip module using visual C++ express
    > edition.

    Which version of HTML::Strip are you trying to install.

    Using VC 7.0 to build HTML-Strip-1.06 (perl-5.10.1), I find that
    'nmake' fails:

    ..
    ..
    strip_html.c
    strip_html.c(38) : warning C4013: 'strcasecmp' undefined; assuming
    extern returning int
    ..
    ..
    ..
    Creating library blib\arch\auto\HTML\Strip\Strip.lib and object blib
    \arch\aut
    o\HTML\Strip\Strip.exp
    strip_html.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _strcasecmp
    referenced in function _check_end
    blib\arch\auto\HTML\Strip\Strip.dll : fatal error LNK1120: 1
    unresolved external
    NMAKE : fatal error U1077: 'link' : return code '0x460'
    Stop.

    Also which version of perl do you have ? (Best if you can give us the
    entire output of running 'perl -V'.)

    Cheers,
    Rob

    sisyphus, Aug 26, 2009