    because the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the
    application may fix this problem.

    How to get it work on 64bit windows as well? many thanks
    miamia, Jun 27, 2011

  2. On 06/27/2011 06:59 PM, miamia wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > on 32-bit windows everything works ok but on 64-bit win I am getting
    > this error:
    > Traceback (most recent call last):
    > File "app.py", line 1040, in do_this_now
    > File "kinterbasdb\__init__.pyc", line 119, in <module>
    > File "kinterbasdb\_kinterbasdb.pyc", line 12, in <module>
    > File "kinterbasdb\_kinterbasdb.pyc", line 10, in __load
    > ImportError: DLL load failed: This application has failed to start
    > because the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the
    > application may fix this problem.
    >
    > How to get it work on 64bit windows as well? many thanks

    A process can only link to a shared library compiled for the same
    architecture as the process. In layman's terms: A 32-bit DLL won't work
    with a 64-bit program. It looks like this package is attempting to load
    a 32-bit DLL. That's not going to work. Either procure a 64-bit version
    of the DLL, or use a 32-bit version of Python.
    Thomas Jollans, Jul 5, 2011

  3. miamia

    miamia Guest

    On Jul 5, 5:05 pm, Thomas Jollans <> wrote:
    > On 06/27/2011 06:59 PM, miamia wrote:
    >
    > > Hello,

    > > on 32-bit windows everything works ok but on 64-bit win I am getting
    > > this error:
    > > Traceback (most recent call last):
    > >   File "app.py", line 1040, in do_this_now
    > >   File "kinterbasdb\__init__.pyc", line 119, in <module>
    > >   File "kinterbasdb\_kinterbasdb.pyc", line 12, in <module>
    > >   File "kinterbasdb\_kinterbasdb.pyc", line 10, in __load
    > > ImportError: DLL load failed: This application has failed to start
    > > because the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the
    > > application may fix this problem.

    > > How to get it work on 64bit windows as well? many thanks

    > A process can only link to a shared library compiled for the same
    > architecture as the process. In layman's terms: A 32-bit DLL won't work
    > with a 64-bit program. It looks like this package is attempting to load
    > a 32-bit DLL. That's not going to work. Either procure a 64-bit version
    > of the DLL, or use a 32-bit version of Python.

    hello, it looks lite I solved it with files msvcp80.dll,
    Microsoft.VC80.CRT.manifest. I forgot to extract these files from
    firebird embedded pachage to my app folder. now it seems to be ok on
    both systems 32 and 64bit (so It wasn't 64bit issue as I thought).
    thank you
    miamia, Jul 7, 2011