Module Pygame - "FadeOut" text

Discussion in 'Python' started by Askari, Sep 24, 2004.

  1. Askari

    Askari Guest

    (Help for Pygame module)

    Hi,
    How I can make a "fadeout text"(alpha at 255,254,253...0) on a surface
    and my surface's background must be transparatly?
    Note : I can do a fadeout but with a background on the surface's text but
    I wan't a tranparently background.

    Example (don't work) :
    """
    text = self.maFont12.render("Blablablabla", 1, (0,255,0)) #No Background
    #Foreground green
    text.set_alpha( i )
    app.blit( text ,(10,10))
    """

    where "self.maFont12" is a font objet and "app" my destination surface and
    "i" the alpha number (255,254,253,... 0)

    Askari
    Askari, Sep 24, 2004

  2. Askari

    Terry Reedy Guest

    "Askari" <> wrote in message
    > (Help for Pygame module)

    There is a separate mailing list for Pygame, a third-party package.
    It can be accessed as a newsgroup via news.gmane.org
    as gmane.comp.python.pygame.

    Terry J. Reedy
    Terry Reedy, Sep 24, 2004

  3. Askari

    Askari Guest

    "Terry Reedy" <> wrote in

    > "Askari" <> wrote in message
    >> (Help for Pygame module)

    > There is a separate mailing list for Pygame, a third-party package.
    > It can be accessed as a newsgroup via news.gmane.org
    > as gmane.comp.python.pygame.
    >
    > Terry J. Reedy

    I DON'T WANT use this mail list! I don't want subscribe anythink for
    this info! ... News group "comp.lang.python" is the best place that I
    find with no subcribtion!

    Understand Terry! (it's not the first time that you send that message)

    And why I can't request info for a third-party package on this group?
    It's python, a "third-party package", yes, but it's too python... :-|

    Askari
    Askari, Sep 24, 2004
  4. Askari

    Jaime Wyant Guest

    On Fri, 24 Sep 2004 19:57:53 GMT, Askari <> wrote:
    > "Terry Reedy" <> wrote in
    >

    > > "Askari" <> wrote in message
    > >> (Help for Pygame module)

    > > There is a separate mailing list for Pygame, a third-party package.
    > > It can be accessed as a newsgroup via news.gmane.org
    > > as gmane.comp.python.pygame.
    > >
    > > Terry J. Reedy
    > >

    > I DON'T WANT use this mail list! I don't want subscribe anythink for
    > this info! ... News group "comp.lang.python" is the best place that I
    > find with no subcribtion!

    Askari, Terry said it could be accessed via a newsgroup -
    news.gmane.org / gmane.comp.python.pygame.

    jw
    Jaime Wyant, Sep 24, 2004
  5. Askari

    Peter Hansen Guest

    Askari wrote:
    > "Terry Reedy" <> wrote:
    >>There is a separate mailing list for Pygame, a third-party package.
    >>It can be accessed as a newsgroup via news.gmane.org
    >>as gmane.comp.python.pygame.
    >>

    > I DON'T WANT use this mail list! I don't want subscribe anythink for
    > this info! ... News group "comp.lang.python" is the best place that I
    > find with no subcribtion!

    Feel free to post here... you will be limiting your responses
    to a very small subset of the potential responses you'd get
    if you used the darn mailing list, but nobody is forcing you
    to use the mailing list. By all means post here. Just don't
    complain if you get few or no responses.

    > Understand Terry! (it's not the first time that you send that message)

    With good reason. I'd be surprised if he sends it again, for
    you, however, after your incredible rudeness to someone trying
    to help.

    > And why I can't request info for a third-party package on this group?
    > It's python, a "third-party package", yes, but it's too python... :-|

    See above. This newsgroup is very general and does handle questions
    on the entire range of Python topics, but for certain things the
    *best* advice you'll get here is to check the specific mailing list
    for the package you are using. Whether it's Zope, wxPython, Twisted,
    or yes, even PyGame, you'll do much better with the mailing list.

    But *nobody is forcing you to subscribe*, just providing helpful
    advice in a friendly manner. You were, IMHO, way out of line in
    your reaction to Terry's well-meaning suggestion.

    -Peter
    Peter Hansen, Sep 24, 2004
  6. Askari wrote:

    > "Terry Reedy" <> wrote in
    >

    >> "Askari" <> wrote in message
    >>> (Help for Pygame module)

    >> There is a separate mailing list for Pygame, a third-party package.
    >> It can be accessed as a newsgroup via news.gmane.org
    >> as gmane.comp.python.pygame.

    > And why I can't request info for a third-party package on this group?
    > It's python, a "third-party package", yes, but it's too python... :-|

    You can ask anywhere. You get an increased likelihood of a useful answer
    depending _where_ you ask. If you ask about a third-party package here you
    might get an answer. If that third-party package has a mailing list
    newsgroup of its own however you have a higher likelihood of getting that
    answer. Since it's a python related question I'll agree you have a greater
    likelihood of answer here than (say) uk.media.tv, but there are better
    places to ask. (Where better is defined as "more likely to get answer"
    rather than "appropriate place to ask question")

    I suspect (I don't know) that Terry was letting you know about that list in
    case you didn't know, and because you're more likely to get an answer
    there.

    After all, you *could* argue (say) that pygame is a games library, so I'll
    ask in a games programming newsgroup (can't think of one, but...). If you
    had done so, I suspect you'd be less likely to get an answer there than
    here.

    > I DON'T WANT use this mail list!

    What we want to do, and what we have to do to get answers are not always the
    same thing. FWIW, if I used pygame and knew the answer I'd answer here, but
    I don't so I can't. I can understand not wanting to join another mailing
    list - why not try the newsgroup mentioned? Can't hurt to post to a second
    newsgroup, can it?

    Regards,

    Michael.
    Michael Sparks, Sep 24, 2004
  7. Askari

    Josh Close Guest

    On Fri, 24 Sep 2004 19:57:53 GMT, Askari <> wrote:
    > I DON'T WANT use this mail list! I don't want subscribe anythink for
    > this info! ... News group "comp.lang.python" is the best place that I
    > find with no subcribtion!
    >
    > Understand Terry! (it's not the first time that you send that message)
    >
    > And why I can't request info for a third-party package on this group?
    > It's python, a "third-party package", yes, but it's too python... :-|

    Why can't you use the pygame mailing list then?

    http://pygame.org/info.shtml#maillist

    -Josh
    Josh Close, Sep 24, 2004
  8. Askari

    Terry Reedy Guest

    > I DON'T WANT use this mail list! I don't want subscribe anythink for
    > this info!

    Tough ;-) Actually, I don't like subcribing either, which is why I use the
    newsgroup interface to lurk on the PyGame list. Which is also why I know
    that Pete Shinners, the author of PyGame, hangs out on that list, which he
    created for questions such as your, and regularly answers such questions if
    no one beats him to it. Which is why I am completely comforatable with
    redirecting questions about PyGame in particular to the list made for that
    purpose.

    As a counter spam measure, you will, I admit, have to verify to gmane that
    you are posting from a real address in order for your question to be passed
    on. That takes less than 5 seconds.

    > Understand Terry! (it's not the first time that you send that message)

    Yes, I have sent similar messages before when appropriate. If you were a
    previous recipient (and I do not much pay attention to who, just the
    content), and ignored it, then you need to read it again.

    > And why I can't request info for a third-party package on this group?

    You obviously can and did, but I suggest as I did because there are
    literally thousands* of third-party Python modules/packages/projects that
    you and thousands of people can and do ask about. Fortunately for the
    continued usefulness of this group, almost everyone else uses the
    appropriate project-specific communication channel.

    *As of this moment, SourceForge currently has 3405 Python projects.
    http://sourceforge.net/softwaremap/trove_list.php?form_cat=160
    One of them currently is Python itself, and maybe a few others are directly
    related. But there are also Python projects not on SourceForge.

    Terry J. Reedy
    Terry Reedy, Sep 25, 2004
  9. Terry Reedy wrote:

    > "Askari" <> wrote in message
    > > (Help for Pygame module)

    > There is a separate mailing list for Pygame, a third-party package.
    > It can be accessed as a newsgroup via news.gmane.org
    > as gmane.comp.python.pygame.

    Is it possible that the OP is missing that news.gmane.org *is* a
    newsserver?

    I'm not quite able to divine his objection to the repeated quite civil
    and helpful suggestions from you and others -- nor can I deduce his
    definition of "mail list."

    (No need to reply to this post; I'm merely trying to understand the
    OP's difficulties...?)

    Richard Hanson

    --
    sick<PERI0D>old<P0INT>fart<PIE-DEC0-SYMB0L>newsguy<MARK>com
    Richard Hanson, Sep 25, 2004