Module Pygame - "FadeOut" text

Askari

(Help for Pygame module)

Hi,
How I can make a "fadeout text"(alpha at 255,254,253...0) on a surface
and my surface's background must be transparatly?
Note : I can do a fadeout but with a background on the surface's text but
I wan't a tranparently background.

Example (don't work) :
"""
text = self.maFont12.render("Blablablabla", 1, (0,255,0)) #No Background
#Foreground green
text.set_alpha( i )
app.blit( text ,(10,10))
"""

where "self.maFont12" is a font objet and "app" my destination surface and
"i" the alpha number (255,254,253,... 0)

Askari

Terry Reedy

Askari said:
(Help for Pygame module)

There is a separate mailing list for Pygame, a third-party package.
It can be accessed as a newsgroup via news.gmane.org
as gmane.comp.python.pygame.

Terry J. Reedy

Askari

There is a separate mailing list for Pygame, a third-party package.
It can be accessed as a newsgroup via news.gmane.org
as gmane.comp.python.pygame.

Terry J. Reedy

I DON'T WANT use this mail list! I don't want subscribe anythink for
this info! ... News group "comp.lang.python" is the best place that I
find with no subcribtion!

Understand Terry! (it's not the first time that you send that message)

And why I can't request info for a third-party package on this group?
It's python, a "third-party package", yes, but it's too python... :-|

Askari

Jaime Wyant

I DON'T WANT use this mail list! I don't want subscribe anythink for
this info! ... News group "comp.lang.python" is the best place that I
find with no subcribtion!

Askari, Terry said it could be accessed via a newsgroup -
news.gmane.org / gmane.comp.python.pygame.

jw

Peter Hansen

Askari said:
I DON'T WANT use this mail list! I don't want subscribe anythink for
this info! ... News group "comp.lang.python" is the best place that I
find with no subcribtion!

Feel free to post here... you will be limiting your responses
to a very small subset of the potential responses you'd get
if you used the darn mailing list, but nobody is forcing you
to use the mailing list. By all means post here. Just don't
complain if you get few or no responses.
Understand Terry! (it's not the first time that you send that message)

With good reason. I'd be surprised if he sends it again, for
you, however, after your incredible rudeness to someone trying
to help.
And why I can't request info for a third-party package on this group?
It's python, a "third-party package", yes, but it's too python... :-|

See above. This newsgroup is very general and does handle questions
on the entire range of Python topics, but for certain things the
*best* advice you'll get here is to check the specific mailing list
for the package you are using. Whether it's Zope, wxPython, Twisted,
or yes, even PyGame, you'll do much better with the mailing list.

But *nobody is forcing you to subscribe*, just providing helpful
advice in a friendly manner. You were, IMHO, way out of line in
your reaction to Terry's well-meaning suggestion.

-Peter

Michael Sparks

Askari said:
And why I can't request info for a third-party package on this group?
It's python, a "third-party package", yes, but it's too python... :-|

You can ask anywhere. You get an increased likelihood of a useful answer
depending _where_ you ask. If you ask about a third-party package here you
might get an answer. If that third-party package has a mailing list
newsgroup of its own however you have a higher likelihood of getting that
answer. Since it's a python related question I'll agree you have a greater
likelihood of answer here than (say) uk.media.tv, but there are better
places to ask. (Where better is defined as "more likely to get answer"
rather than "appropriate place to ask question")

I suspect (I don't know) that Terry was letting you know about that list in
case you didn't know, and because you're more likely to get an answer
there.

After all, you *could* argue (say) that pygame is a games library, so I'll
ask in a games programming newsgroup (can't think of one, but...). If you
had done so, I suspect you'd be less likely to get an answer there than
here.
I DON'T WANT use this mail list!

What we want to do, and what we have to do to get answers are not always the
same thing. FWIW, if I used pygame and knew the answer I'd answer here, but
I don't so I can't. I can understand not wanting to join another mailing
list - why not try the newsgroup mentioned? Can't hurt to post to a second
newsgroup, can it?

Regards,

Michael.

Josh Close

I DON'T WANT use this mail list! I don't want subscribe anythink for
this info! ... News group "comp.lang.python" is the best place that I
find with no subcribtion!

Understand Terry! (it's not the first time that you send that message)

And why I can't request info for a third-party package on this group?
It's python, a "third-party package", yes, but it's too python... :-|

Why can't you use the pygame mailing list then?

http://pygame.org/info.shtml#maillist

-Josh

Terry Reedy

I DON'T WANT use this mail list! I don't want subscribe anythink for
this info!

Tough ;-) Actually, I don't like subcribing either, which is why I use the
newsgroup interface to lurk on the PyGame list. Which is also why I know
that Pete Shinners, the author of PyGame, hangs out on that list, which he
created for questions such as your, and regularly answers such questions if
no one beats him to it. Which is why I am completely comforatable with
redirecting questions about PyGame in particular to the list made for that
purpose.

As a counter spam measure, you will, I admit, have to verify to gmane that
you are posting from a real address in order for your question to be passed
on. That takes less than 5 seconds.
Understand Terry! (it's not the first time that you send that message)

Yes, I have sent similar messages before when appropriate. If you were a
previous recipient (and I do not much pay attention to who, just the
content), and ignored it, then you need to read it again.
And why I can't request info for a third-party package on this group?

You obviously can and did, but I suggest as I did because there are
literally thousands* of third-party Python modules/packages/projects that
you and thousands of people can and do ask about. Fortunately for the
continued usefulness of this group, almost everyone else uses the
appropriate project-specific communication channel.

*As of this moment, SourceForge currently has 3405 Python projects.
http://sourceforge.net/softwaremap/trove_list.php?form_cat=160
One of them currently is Python itself, and maybe a few others are directly
related. But there are also Python projects not on SourceForge.

Terry J. Reedy

Richard Hanson

Terry said:
There is a separate mailing list for Pygame, a third-party package.
It can be accessed as a newsgroup via news.gmane.org
as gmane.comp.python.pygame.

Is it possible that the OP is missing that news.gmane.org *is* a
newsserver?

I'm not quite able to divine his objection to the repeated quite civil
and helpful suggestions from you and others -- nor can I deduce his
definition of "mail list."

(No need to reply to this post; I'm merely trying to understand the
OP's difficulties...?)

Richard Hanson