Module to notify application when leaving site?

Kevin Burton

I have built a HTTP Module in hopes of being able to trap
when a user leaves a site (say from my application to
Google). If the user comes back I would like to force them
to log in again. So I need to note that they have left and
either close out the session variable or somehow cache the
fact that they have left. It seems that I can catch
everything from Begin to End but I am not sure what to
catch when the user leaves the site. Any ideas?

Kevin Burton
(e-mail address removed)

Kevin Burton

I know I am responding to my own post but I notice that if I use the
HTTP_REFERER in the server variables or Referer in the headers I may be able
to detect if this page is the result of an offsite request or simply the
application moving through the pages. Any better solution?

Kevin

There is a solution!"

http://mail.spaminspector.com

Jerry III

There is none, and using referrers is going to break sooner or later, lot of
users don't send it, either have their browser set not to or use a
firewall/proxy that strips that header.

Jerry