Mogwai ERDesignerNG 3.0.0-M5 available

Discussion in 'Java' started by Mirko Sertic, Oct 10, 2011.

  1. Mirko Sertic

    Mirko Sertic Guest

    Hi@all

    Version 3.0.0-M5 of ERDesignerNG is available for download.

    ERDesignerNG is a free Java based entity relationship design and
    database modeling tool. It's key features are

    * is based on Java and can be run on Windows and Unix systems
    * has a powerful WYSIWYG editor for physical database design
    * supports 2D and 3D database modeling, browsing and design
    * generates 3D anaglyphic images from your database structure
    * handles tables, relations, indexes and comments
    * supports a central repository for all models ( Model Repository )
    * supports subject areas
    * supports domains
    * supports MySQL, Oracle, Microsoft SQLServer, PostgreSQL and H2
    * creates the SQL DDL statements for schema creation
    * has an integrated schema version control system
    * can generate schema migration scripts for every change
    * stores the database definition as XML files for further processing
    * can export the database schema as GIF, BMP, JPEG or SVG files
    * has an integrated reverse engineering module for existing schemas
    * has a build in schema compare feature
    * can generate schema documentation as PDF, HTML, RTF and other
    formats
    * supports schema conversion between different dialects
    * it is based on GPL license
    * support is available by authors and newsgroups

    Release 3.0.0-M5 offers a brand new 3D database browsing editor. The
    database structure and dependencies are visualized as a 3D model that
    can be browsed in an interactive manner. Feel free to visit the
    project website at

    http://sourceforge.net/projects/mogwai/

    Regards
    Mirko Sertic
    Project Admin
    Mirko Sertic, Oct 10, 2011

  2. Mirko Sertic

    Hans Castorp Guest

    Can it work without a DB connection by now?

    The last time I checked, datatypes could only be used to define tables when an active DB connection was available. This kind of defeats the purposes of an ERD modelling tool in my opinion (especially if it's supposed to work cross-dbms)

    Hans Castorp, Oct 10, 2011

  3. Mirko Sertic

    Lew Guest

    On Monday, October 10, 2011 9:45:12 AM UTC-7, Mirko Sertic wrote:
    > Hi@all
    >
    > Version 3.0.0-M5 of ERDesignerNG is available for download.
    >
    > ERDesignerNG is a free Java based entity relationship design and
    > database modeling tool. It's key features are

    "Its" should not have an apostrophe here.

    --
    Lew
    Lew, Oct 10, 2011
  4. On 10/14/2011 8:41 AM, Mau C wrote:
    > Il 10/10/2011 20:09, Hans Castorp ha scritto:
    >> Can it work without a DB connection by now?
    >>
    >> The last time I checked, datatypes could only be used to define tables
    >> when an active DB connection was available. This kind of defeats the
    >> purposes of an ERD modelling tool in my opinion (especially if it's
    >> supposed to work cross-dbms)

    > I'm just trying right now. It does not...
    >
    > I've also found some weird behavior on creating new relationships which
    > makes me unable to handle multiple foreign keys.
    >
    > Under Linux (Ubuntu) the java setup creates dumb menu entries with
    > multiple not-working links.
    >
    > It still does not fill my requirements :-( but I really hope it will
    > very soon.
    >
    > M.

    What do you expect from a spammer? Good products do not need to be
    spammed on usenet.

    --
    ==================
    Remove the "x" from my email address

    ==================
    Jerry Stuckle, Oct 14, 2011
  5. In comp.lang.java.databases, Jerry Stuckle wrote:
    > What do you expect from a spammer? Good products do not need to be
    > spammed on usenet.

    Except on *.announce or *.advocacy, that is.

    But there is neither comp.lang.java.announce nor comp.databases.announce,
    at least not from individual.de.

    --

    "I'm a doctor, not a mechanic." Dr Leonard McCoy <>
    "I'm a mechanic, not a doctor." Volker Borchert <>
    Volker Borchert, Oct 15, 2011
  6. On 10/15/2011 1:17 AM, Volker Borchert wrote:
    > In comp.lang.java.databases, Jerry Stuckle wrote:
    >> What do you expect from a spammer? Good products do not need to be
    >> spammed on usenet.

    > Except on *.announce or *.advocacy, that is.
    >
    > But there is neither comp.lang.java.announce nor comp.databases.announce,
    > at least not from individual.de.

    So? That doesn't mean it's on topic in any of the newsgroups it was
    posted to.

    --

    Jerry Stuckle, Oct 15, 2011