Mongrel Web Server 0.3.12 -- Updated, Getting Closer

Zed Shaw

Everyone tracking the Mongrel 0.3.12 pre-release should dump their current
install and re-install:

$ gem uninstall mongrel
$ gem uninstall gem_plugin
$ gem install mongrel --source=http://mongrel.rubyforge.org/releases/

This release fixes a problem with specifying a directory to change to, and
fixes the incredibly broken DirHandler code from last night.

The big change people will probably notice with static file serving is that
IE will seem like it's flying. This is because the DirHandler properly
implements the HEAD and GET requests differently for files, and denies
anything else. IE is notorious for spamming web servers with tons of HEAD
requests so this makes it speed up a bit.

I'll be tweaking the DirHandler a bit more to include caching directives for
the files it serves.

Enjoy and let me know what people encounter.

Zed A. Shaw
http://www.zedshaw.com/
http://mongrel.rubyforge.org/releases/