Mongrel Web Server 0.3.12 -- Updated, Getting Closer

Discussion in 'Ruby' started by Zed Shaw, Mar 28, 2006.

  1. Zed Shaw

    Zed Shaw Guest

    Everyone tracking the Mongrel 0.3.12 pre-release should dump their current
    install and re-install:

    $ gem uninstall mongrel
    $ gem uninstall gem_plugin
    $ gem install mongrel --source=http://mongrel.rubyforge.org/releases/

    This release fixes a problem with specifying a directory to change to, and
    fixes the incredibly broken DirHandler code from last night.

    The big change people will probably notice with static file serving is that
    IE will seem like it's flying. This is because the DirHandler properly
    implements the HEAD and GET requests differently for files, and denies
    anything else. IE is notorious for spamming web servers with tons of HEAD
    requests so this makes it speed up a bit.

    I'll be tweaking the DirHandler a bit more to include caching directives for
    the files it serves.

    Enjoy and let me know what people encounter.

    Zed A. Shaw
    http://www.zedshaw.com/
    http://mongrel.rubyforge.org/releases/
    Zed Shaw, Mar 28, 2006