    or example are doing similar jobs.

    Thanks & regards,
    Max.

    max, Feb 9, 2007

  2. max wrote:
    > I want to write a program in C/C++ which monitor any hard disk
    > activity by a particular program which have assigned for WINXP. For
    > example, the program are going to run like this.. "fileact word.exe",
    > so it will monitor any harddisk activity produce by word.exe.
    >
    > What kind of header/library should i include or should i look into??
    > any info will be great help, at least help by pointing me any website
    > or example are doing similar jobs.

    You need to ask in the newsgroup dedicated to Windows XP, since all
    device control (hard disk included) is done at the OS level and C++
    language does not have any mechanisms for that (neither does C, BTW,
    and it's a separate language, if you didn't know).

    Victor Bazarov, Feb 9, 2007

  3. max

    max Guest

    On Feb 9, 11:12 am, "Victor Bazarov" <> wrote:
    > max wrote:
    > > I want to write a program in C/C++ which monitor any hard disk
    > > activity by a particular program which have assigned for WINXP. For
    > > example, the program are going to run like this.. "fileact word.exe",
    > > so it will monitor any harddisk activity produce by word.exe.

    > > What kind of header/library should i include or should i look into??
    > > any info will be great help, at least help by pointing me any website
    > > or example are doing similar jobs.

    > You need to ask in the newsgroup dedicated to Windows XP, since all
    > device control (hard disk included) is done at the OS level and C++
    > language does not have any mechanisms for that (neither does C, BTW,
    > and it's a separate language, if you didn't know).

    Ok.. thanks.

    max, Feb 9, 2007
  4. max

    max Guest

    I know the different between C/C++, since i'm used to be a C++
    programmer. i'm hoping someone who have similar experience to share
    their knowledge, maybe there is one here. :)

    Thanks.

    max, Feb 10, 2007
  5. max wrote:
    > I know the different between C/C++, since i'm used to be a C++
    > programmer. i'm hoping someone who have similar experience to share
    > their knowledge, maybe there is one here. :)

    Most likely there is somebody here who actually has the relevant
    experience. It doesn't make it any more topical, however. I am
    pretty sure there are men here, and that some of them can share
    their knowledge about maintaining good health. But with all the
    interest it might generate, it is simply *not topical* in c.l.c++.
    Can you grok the topicality concept? Once you do, you'll learn
    to appreciate it, trust me.

    Victor Bazarov, Feb 12, 2007