    any ideas

    thanks

    harry

    harry, May 14, 2004

  2. harry

    data64 Guest

    "harry" <> wrote in news:fR3pc.3603$SP6.33543337@news-
    text.cableinet.net:

    > Is there anyway of measuring how much tcp data is returned to the client
    > from the server by request? e.g html code, images, .js files etc...
    >
    > any ideas
    >
    > thanks
    >
    > harry

    Ethereal (http://www.ethereal.com/) will give you that info., but might be
    overkill. Depending on which webserver you are using and which OS, there are
    probably utilities already present to give you that information.

    data64

    data64, May 15, 2004

  3. harry wrote:
    > Is there anyway of measuring how much tcp data is returned to the client
    > from the server by request? e.g html code, images, .js files etc...
    >
    > any ideas
    >
    > thanks
    >
    > harry

    Have you checked with your hosting service? I have a website and there
    is a Unix/Linux utility there that allows access to all types of data,
    traffic, most visited pages, pages per hit, etc.

    Wayne Hammond, May 30, 2004