Monitor server response data size?

harry

Is there anyway of measuring how much tcp data is returned to the client
from the server by request? e.g html code, images, .js files etc...

any ideas

thanks

harry

data64

Is there anyway of measuring how much tcp data is returned to the client
from the server by request? e.g html code, images, .js files etc...

any ideas

thanks

harry

Ethereal (http://www.ethereal.com/) will give you that info., but might be
overkill. Depending on which webserver you are using and which OS, there are
probably utilities already present to give you that information.

data64

Wayne Hammond

harry said:
Is there anyway of measuring how much tcp data is returned to the client
from the server by request? e.g html code, images, .js files etc...

any ideas

thanks

harry
Have you checked with your hosting service? I have a website and there
is a Unix/Linux utility there that allows access to all types of data,
traffic, most visited pages, pages per hit, etc.