    Basically I want to start another process only if the previous has finished
    and the script runs in windows.

    Thanks
    RB, Dec 23, 2003

  2. [comp.lang.perl was rmgrouped in August 1995. It offically no longer exists,
    so please don't post there. We can't help it if some carelessly-administered
    news servers still carry it.]

    "RB" <> wrote:

    > Does anyone know how to monitor the existance of a process running in
    > windows task manager.
    >
    > Basically I want to start another process only if the previous has finished
    > and the script runs in windows.

    Often someone has already solved a particular problem and made it available
    on the CPAN. Try searching there: http://search.cpan.org/

    Win32::process::Info looks useful.

    --
    David Wall
    David K. Wall, Dec 24, 2003

  3. "RB" <> wrote in message news:<bsa908$2o0g$>...
    > Does anyone know how to monitor the existance of a process running in
    > windows task manager.
    >
    > Basically I want to start another process only if the previous has finished
    > and the script runs in windows.
    >
    > Thanks

    You have a couple of choices. The first is to record the pid of that
    process somewhere and test whether or not it's running using "kill 0"
    (same as Unix).

    Your other option is to resort to something like Win32::process::Info
    or Proc::processTable and check for the name of the process.

    Regards,

    Dan
    Daniel Berger, Dec 24, 2003