monitoring disk activity in windows

e2point

i want my application to be notified by the OS when a file read/write
takes place in the system.
only information i need is the file that is read/written, no of bytes
read/written and of possible the
the name of the process that issued the system call. Im investigating
WMI (Windows Management Instrumentation)
for this task, but not sure whether it supports it and/or whether
there are any other recomended ways of doing this stuff.
i need this only for windows systems.

can someone point me to the right direction.

thanks

Jim Langston

i want my application to be notified by the OS when a file read/write
takes place in the system.
only information i need is the file that is read/written, no of bytes
read/written and of possible the
the name of the process that issued the system call. Im investigating
WMI (Windows Management Instrumentation)
for this task, but not sure whether it supports it and/or whether
there are any other recomended ways of doing this stuff.
i need this only for windows systems.

can someone point me to the right direction.

/me points to a windows newsgroup

Zeppe

i want my application to be notified by the OS when a file read/write
takes place in the system.
only information i need is the file that is read/written, no of bytes
read/written and of possible the
the name of the process that issued the system call. Im investigating
WMI (Windows Management Instrumentation)
for this task, but not sure whether it supports it and/or whether
there are any other recomended ways of doing this stuff.
i need this only for windows systems.

can someone point me to the right direction.

I guess the right direction is another newsgroup. Try:
comp.os.ms-windows.programmer.misc

here OS-specific questions are OT.

Regards,

Zeppe