    www.montastic.com

    --
    d.
    jean vacance, Jan 9, 2006

  2. jean vacance

    m4dc4p Guest

    Cool service, thanks for putting it out there!
    m4dc4p, Jan 9, 2006

  3. jean vacance wrote:
    > We are proud to announce this free website monitoring service:
    >
    > Montastic will alert you by email if your website goes down, so you
    > know about it before your customers call you.
    >
    > It is built with Ajax and Ruby on Rails. Check it out, it is really
    > useful and it is the sexiest monitoring service available :)

    I like it. How often is the status checked?
    Andreas Schwarz, Jan 10, 2006
  4. > > It is built with Ajax and Ruby on Rails. Check it out, it is really
    > > useful and it is the sexiest monitoring service available :)

    > I like it. How often is the status checked?

    FAQ #2:

    How often does the system monitor my sites?

    Every 10 minutes at the minimum.
    Luke Duncalfe, Jan 10, 2006
  5. jean vacance

    Ben Myles Guest

    On 1/10/06, jean vacance <> wrote:
    > We are proud to announce this free website monitoring service:
    > www.montastic.com

    Looks nice!

    Reading the FAQ, I found [1] and [2]. In light of that, any chance of
    open sourcing it?

    I'd be interested in extending it to include some statistics, email
    alerts and the ability to check for a "matching sentence" (all work
    submitted back to the project for everyone to use of course).

    [1] Why is it free? Is there a catch?

    There is no catch. We developed Montastic for us and the cost of
    development was minimal. Montastic is 100% automated and adding
    servers to monitors costs virtually nothing. So, we wanted to share
    its usefulness and its fun with others.

    [2] What's the big plan about it?

    There is no plan. We are just going to use it ourselves and make it
    better based on the feedback you send us.
    Ben Myles, Jan 10, 2006
  6. jean vacance

    jean vacance Guest

    Every 5 minutes. Soon it will be 2 minutes.
    jean vacance, Jan 13, 2006
  7. jean vacance

    jean vacance Guest

    There is already email alerts and RSS feeds. Matching sentences is in
    on the list as well as ping service. No plan to open source it.
    jean vacance, Jan 13, 2006
  8. jean vacance

    m4dc4p Guest

    What IP address do checks come from so we can filter them from our
    logs?

    Thanks for putting this service out there!

    m4dc4p, Jan 13, 2006