More anti-aliasing puzzles

jan V

If it as is a feature they should at least document it to save people like
me going mad with frustration trying
to figure out why it sometimes works but not always.

I worked for a company once which marketed an (expensive) Java library... it
had zillions of overridden clone() implementations which were *nearly* all
broken (they called constructor instead of super.clone()). They DELIBERATELY
refused to document this library-wide flaw, even for their inhouse staff!
That was a company that boasted about the quality of their product all the
time... 'nuf said.

jan V

Switch to SWT ...

Oh yeah. "Click". Job done. Or are there any conversion tools available for
this? No there are not, of course.

Cantankerous Old Git

Switch to SWT ...

I had a look for this once. It appeared that SWT is not a
separate product, but that you have to install Eclipse on every
machine that you want to run your java app on.

Has that changed recently?

Tim Tyler

Cantankerous Old Git said:
(e-mail address removed) wrote:

I had a look for this once. It appeared that SWT is not a
separate product, but that you have to install Eclipse on every
machine that you want to run your java app on.

Has that changed recently?

No - it hasn't been true for *ages* - see:

``SWT Binary and Source

These drops contain the SWT libraries and source for standalone SWT
application development.''

http://download.eclipse.org/eclipse/downloads/drops/R-3.1-200506271435/index.php#swt