More DRb; SSL & DRB & errors

Kirk Haines

This is one of those things where if I work through it long enough, I should
find the answer for myself, but hopefully someone else has been there already
and can jump me right to the end, here.

I was looking through Eric Hodel's article on DRB with SSL, and in it he
commends that if a DRb service gets an SSLError, it will exit.

That strikes me as a vulnerability. If I am running a DRb service over SSL,
it's for security reasons. It seems suboptimal that a piece of bad traffic
could cause it to close. Seems like it should not be THAT hard to capture
this exceptional condition and deal with it in some way that keeps everything
running and handling other traffic.

Eric, anyone? Can you point me towards the right bit to look at in order to
handle this?

Thanks,

Kirk Haines