More DRb; SSL & DRB & errors

Discussion in 'Ruby' started by Kirk Haines, Jul 1, 2005.

  1. Kirk Haines

    Kirk Haines Guest

    This is one of those things where if I work through it long enough, I should
    find the answer for myself, but hopefully someone else has been there already
    and can jump me right to the end, here.

    I was looking through Eric Hodel's article on DRB with SSL, and in it he
    commends that if a DRb service gets an SSLError, it will exit.

    That strikes me as a vulnerability. If I am running a DRb service over SSL,
    it's for security reasons. It seems suboptimal that a piece of bad traffic
    could cause it to close. Seems like it should not be THAT hard to capture
    this exceptional condition and deal with it in some way that keeps everything
    running and handling other traffic.

    Eric, anyone? Can you point me towards the right bit to look at in order to
    handle this?

    Thanks,

    Kirk Haines
    Kirk Haines, Jul 1, 2005