More Form Mail Replies - OT

Neredbojias

Here's some more interesting replies to the form mail thing with my
answers:

==From: so, if this isn't used - do you read it? ;-)
==hello - testing, 2, 3 ;-)
==I don't need to try and break it, right? Just see if it works for
regular non-hackers?

You can't break it.
The "from" is used basically as a handle.

==From: m.barnard@
==Here's a test just as you asked. I get so little chance to return help
given. Think this makes up for the last month of "How do I"?
==Mike.

Thanks, Mike.

==From: (e-mail address removed)
==My only comment is...
==When the mail has been sent it just leaves me with a black page and
nowhere to go. Buttons redirecting you to the home page maybe?
==In fact, could you do the same for me?
==www.thermachek.com/
==The link is in the left menu. Thanks.
==Mike.

I've implimented something new in the area of which you speak. See how
you like it.

==From: tobyinkster
==hellooooo

Thanks, Toby

==From: edbj@
==Good day, mail form,
==This is a test.
==Ed

Good day, Ed.

==From: (e-mail address removed)%0ACc:[email protected]

Nice "From" line, Foo. Oh the humanities.

==You did test for email injection, right?

Don't have to. And you _should_ know why.

John Hosking

==From: m.barnard@
==Here's a test just as you asked. I get so little chance to return help
given. Think this makes up for the last month of "How do I"?
==Mike.

Thanks, Mike.

==From: m.barnard@[actual unmunged email address].uk

Neredbojias, you said you weren't going to use what was typed in the
From: field, but here you've gone and posted the fellow's e-mail address
to Usenet. I hope Mike doesn't mind, but I think it's either rude or
carelss of you. Either way, I suggest you take more care in future.

Neredbojias

==From: m.barnard@
==Here's a test just as you asked. I get so little chance to return
help given. Think this makes up for the last month of "How do I"?
==Mike.

Thanks, Mike.

==From: m.barnard@[actual unmunged email address].uk

Neredbojias, you said you weren't going to use what was typed in the
From: field, but here you've gone and posted the fellow's e-mail
address to Usenet. I hope Mike doesn't mind, but I think it's either
rude or carelss of you. Either way, I suggest you take more care in
future.

Damn, I edited it in his first message and missed the second. Sorry,
Mike.

Blinky the Shark

==From: m.barnard@
==Here's a test just as you asked. I get so little chance to return
help given. Think this makes up for the last month of "How do I"?
==Mike.

Thanks, Mike.

==From: m.barnard@[actual unmunged email address].uk

Neredbojias, you said you weren't going to use what was typed in the
From: field, but here you've gone and posted the fellow's e-mail
address to Usenet. I hope Mike doesn't mind, but I think it's either
rude or carelss of you. Either way, I suggest you take more care in
future.

Damn, I edited it in his first message and missed the second. Sorry,
Mike.

Easily done. I've about 200 email address' to choose from and I used my
commonest.

Holy crap on a stick. That's a lot of addresses. :)

I wonder how many the average Joe or Jane in her might have.

I'll start.

Blinky - probably 20 at most. Most I rarely use.

freemont

Holy crap on a stick. That's a lot of addresses.

I wonder how many the average Joe or Jane in her might have.

I'll start.

Blinky - probably 20 at most. Most I rarely use.

Thunderbird hits seven at a time. Those I use. I also have an old Yahoo
addy that never gets used. My MSN addy finally got "cancelled" or whatever.

One gmail for personal contacts, one gmail for online forms, ordering,
business stuff. Two from ISP that I never give out any more but some
people still use for me. One each for three domains. Plenty.

I can't imagine a need for any more than the seven I check/use regularly.

Blinky the Shark

Mike said:
Mike said:
On Thu, 3 Apr 2008 04:59:27 +0000 (UTC), Neredbojias

==From: m.barnard@
==Here's a test just as you asked. I get so little chance to return
help given. Think this makes up for the last month of "How do I"?
==Mike.

Thanks, Mike.

==From: m.barnard@[actual unmunged email address].uk

Neredbojias, you said you weren't going to use what was typed in the
From: field, but here you've gone and posted the fellow's e-mail
address to Usenet. I hope Mike doesn't mind, but I think it's either
rude or carelss of you. Either way, I suggest you take more care in
future.

Damn, I edited it in his first message and missed the second. Sorry,
Mike.

Easily done. I've about 200 email address' to choose from and I used
my commonest.

Holy crap on a stick. That's a lot of addresses. :)

I wonder how many the average Joe or Jane in her might have.

I'll start.

Blinky - probably 20 at most. Most I rarely use.

Well, as I own a domain, well, two now, every time I register with a

I own five. But only three are in use. But anyway, I forgot fifteen or
twenty I have at sneakemail.com.
website or go somewhere that wants an address, I make a new one. If your
imaginary website "i-site.com" wanted me to give an email address to
register then it would be (e-mail address removed). Then, if I get spam I can
be reasonably sure where the address was harvested. I can delete the
address if it get's bothersome without much bother. This way I've built
up loads of addresses. Most never get much use.

Gotcha. Isolating where spammers got your address is a strong feature at
sneakemail.

John Hosking

Blinky said:
Mike Barnard wrote:

Holy crap on a stick. That's a lot of addresses. :)

I wonder how many the average Joe or Jane in her might have.

I'll start.

Blinky - probably 20 at most. Most I rarely use.

I've currently got six, not counting the stupid, fake, munged one I use
here.