more java swing container

quikquic

Besides ColorChooser and FileChooser, are there other pre-designed
complex commonly-used component available?

Thanks,

qk

Chris Smith

Besides ColorChooser and FileChooser, are there other pre-designed
complex commonly-used component available?

Hmm. That's kind of a fuzzy definition. JOptionPane may qualify, at
your discretion. JSpinner and JComboBox may also apply, if they happen
to fit your definition of "complex".

--
www.designacourse.com

MindIQ Corporation

quikquic

For example, a list with two buttons which can move the items in the
list up and down. Or two list with buttons which can move items
between the two list.

Chris Smith

For example, a list with two buttons which can move the items in the
list up and down. Or two list with buttons which can move items
between the two list.

Those don't exist. The list of components that I think might apply
include those you specified (JFileChooser and JColorChooser) plus
JOptionPane, JSpinner, and JComboBox. As near as I can tell, those are
the only "convenience" components that consist of commonly available
child components plus some defined interactions.

At the fringe, there are several components (JList, JTree, and JTable
off-hand) that use simpler components to render their pieces, but
following the Swing "cell renderer" pattern, rather than direct
composition within the GUI hierarchy. They also define more specific
visual aspects aside from the composition of their pieces, making them
different from the mere convenience components in my list above.
Depending on the motivation behind your question, you may also find that
those meet your requirements.

--
www.designacourse.com

MindIQ Corporation

Shane Mingins

For example, a list with two buttons which can move the items in the
list up and down. Or two list with buttons which can move items
between the two list.

You could have a look at the IBM Eclipse java gui library ... the name
escapes me what they call it ... from memory there were some gui application
components for common things .... this may prompt someone else to reply who
knows more about them ... and if they are what you are looking for?

Shane