more JSF woes Cannot get value for expression

Discussion in 'Java' started by timasmith@hotmail.com, Aug 15, 2006.

  1. Guest

    This is so difficult to troubleshoot, I am going at a snails pace.
    Next issue.

    I can go from the login page to a list of products page via a bean
    method.

    I duplicated the same code - but of course the next jsp doesnt work
    with the following error:

    javax.servlet.ServletException: Cannot get value for expression
    '#{artifactTreeBean.artifactList}'
    javax.faces.webapp.FacesServlet.service(FacesServlet.java:121)
    org.jboss.web.tomcat.filters.ReplyHeaderFilter.doFilter(ReplyHeaderFilter.java:81)

    Where on earth is the originating error - not in the JBoss server.log,
    thats the only error above.

    artifacttree.jsp
    h:dataTable
    value="#{artifactTreeBean.artifactList}"
    var="artifact"

    <h:column>
    <f:facet name="header">
    <h:eek:utputText value="Product" />
    </f:facet>
    <h:commandLink action="artifacttree">
    <h:eek:utputText value="#{artifact.artifactName}" />
    </h:commandLink>
    </h:column>

    </h:dataTable>

    faces-config.xml
    <managed-bean>
    <managed-bean-name>artifactTreeBean</managed-bean-name>

    <managed-bean-class>com.myproject.artifact.ArtifactTreeBean</managed-bean-class>
    <managed-bean-scope>session</managed-bean-scope>
    </managed-bean>

    <navigation-case>
    <from-outcome>artifacttree</from-outcome>
    <to-view-id>/pages/artifact/artifacttree.jsp</to-view-id>
    </navigation-case>

    public class ArtifactTreeBean extends BaseBean {

    private List artifactList = null;

    public ArtifactTreeBean() {
    super();
    }
    ... populate the artifactList in the getter - should not throw an
    error...

    , Aug 15, 2006