More on controlling page flow...

Coleen

I guess I didn't make my problem clear enough, or maybe there is no better
way to do this...

I have an ASP.Net (1.0 at the moment but we are upgrading to 2.0 using
VB.net as the codebehind) web application that has about 40 pages. We use a
User control to get info about the user account that is selected on login.
The users have a specific order in which the pages need to flow depending on
what selection is made from the directory.

Currently I use Session(page_name) to set the page ID so that I know what
page is being called or set. Instead of using a session variable, is there
another way to get a page ID? If the page ID is not set when a user selects
to go to a different page using the JavaScript drop-down menu instead of the
next button, the Session(page_name) is not set and throws an exception
error.

Please, any suggestions on how to set a page ID and pass it WITHOUT using a
session variable would be very much appreciated.

TIA,

Coleen