More passing parameters to dynamically loaded user controls

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by JB McMichael, Jul 26, 2005.

  1. JB McMichael

    JB McMichael Guest

    I have been reading up on this all day, and I can't find the answer (or
    more likely, don't understand the answers I have found) to my problem.

    I have a table that stores the name of my ascx page. My main page can
    be called on to load any of the pages referenced in my table.
    Therefore, I have no @Register controls in my aspx file.

    What I do have is this
    dim myUC as control = Page.LoadControl("~/reqforms/" &
    GetReqForm(requestID))
    mainForm.Controls.Add(myUC)

    mainForm is an asp:placeholder I have in the apsx page.

    Each of my ascx pages has a public property called rid. What I need to
    do is pass requestID to the ascx's rid.

    I have seen this mentioned
    myUC = ctype(myUC, myUserControl).rid = requestID

    The problem I have seen with these though is that they have a page
    directive in which they set the classname of the user control. Since I
    have no page directives for my dynamically loaded controls, how do I
    set the classname? Or am I going in the wrong direction here?

    I am basically at a loss, and at the edge of my understanding of vb.net
    (been doing this for only 3 months now), so a clear answer with code,
    preferably in vb.net would be of immense help to me.
    JB McMichael, Jul 26, 2005