More space on the shelf...

gregarican

I got returned from a trip to my Barnes and Noble store next door.
Grabbed a coffee and checked out the Computer section of the store. It
was great to see perhaps a dozen different Ruby titles on the shelf.
Everything from The Ruby Way 2nd edition to various Rails books. Just a
year ago there was maybe half the amount of titles on that shelf. It
seems as if Ruby is indeed "making traction" (gotta love
corporatespeak) in the overall technical community. And after forcing
myself into more C# project work I can say Ruby is still my favorite
for quick and dirty programming. A lot more fun than using just about
anything else!

Matthew Harris

"Quick and dirty" almost sounds offensive :p
It's good for much more than just "quick and dirty" programming.
You know, to some, it's a way of life :)

Matthew said:
"Quick and dirty" almost sounds offensive :p
It's good for much more than just "quick and dirty" programming.
You know, to some, it's a way of life :)

ya, Ruby's got breadth(uses from sys admins to developers) and
depth...

this Nuby just had a look at yaml/rubytypes.rb, good golly. and the
kernel method for y in the parent yaml.rb, just to satisify a nagging
curiosity about how it would be possible to include yaml.rb and have
all objects suddenly have to_yaml...it's deep.

bet PHP's var_dump() doesn't look like that.

-r