    myself into more C# project work I can say Ruby is still my favorite
    for quick and dirty programming. A lot more fun than using just about
    anything else!

    gregarican, Jan 5, 2007

  2. "Quick and dirty" almost sounds offensive :p
    It's good for much more than just "quick and dirty" programming.
    You know, to some, it's a way of life :)

    Matthew Harris, Jan 6, 2007

  3. gregarican

    r Guest

    Matthew Harris wrote:
    > "Quick and dirty" almost sounds offensive :p
    > It's good for much more than just "quick and dirty" programming.
    > You know, to some, it's a way of life :)

    ya, Ruby's got breadth(uses from sys admins to developers) and
    depth...

    this Nuby just had a look at yaml/rubytypes.rb, good golly. and the
    kernel method for y in the parent yaml.rb, just to satisify a nagging
    curiosity about how it would be possible to include yaml.rb and have
    all objects suddenly have to_yaml...it's deep.

    bet PHP's var_dump() doesn't look like that.

    -r

    r, Jan 7, 2007