More Strange Server Behaviour

Mike Trebilcock

I have still not resolved my cache issue where page requests are not getting
as far as ASP.NET. However, I have some extra symptoms to add which may
make the problem easier to diagnose.

The application works fine on my dev server. My live server is an identical
setup except it has some extra security settings.

Firstly, when I request a page from the server for the second time it seems
that ASP.NET does not get asked even when I have a querystring.

Secondly, the server is not displaying trace information as it happens.
When I look at trace.axd it will display nothing for ages and then some
activity that took place 30 minutes before. This means that actually my
pages that I think are not reaching the ASP.NET engine in fact are I just
can not watch what is happening.

Third, I believe this may be related to the second problem, I have a page
which retrieves a dataset from a Session variable. Sometimes this works
fine, other times the object fails to initialise and produces an error. If
I click back and send again two or three times it will eventually work
perfectly.

Any ideas before I get sacked?!

Thanks

Mike