More than 1 web-project per IIS Virtual Dir?

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by Odie, Aug 20, 2004.

  1. Odie

    Odie Guest

    Hello,
    This probably seems like a silly question, but is it possible to have more
    than 1 ASP.Net project per virtual directory?
    The reason I'm wondering this, is because we already have an ASP.Net
    web-project written in C#, but need to include some legacy .ASP files written
    with (of course) VBScript. It would be easier to convert the legacy .ASP
    files into an ASP.Net project w/ VB than C#. But then we would have 2
    projects sharing the same virtual directory: one in C# and the other in
    VB.Net.

    There would definitely be cross-linking between the pages, since *all* the
    ..ASPX pages appear to be one Application to the end-user.

    There's 2 problems that I can immediately foresee:
    1) Each web-project includes the Global.asax file, and there would be
    collision between the 2 projects.
    2) What about the DLL's generated by the code-behind?
    3) What about the ASP.Net session-state? Would it be shared by both
    applications running within the same virtual directory, or would they each
    have their own?

    My gut feeling is that this is a bad idea.. I guess I just need someone to
    help me with these questions so I can tell Mgt how bad an idea it really is.

    - Odie

    Odie, Aug 20, 2004

  2. Odie

    joker Guest

    This newsgroup is for classic ASP none of that .Net stuff. You might
    try posting in a newsgroup that includes "dotnet" in its name (without
    the quotes of course).

    joker, Aug 21, 2004