More than 1 web-project per IIS Virtual Dir?

Odie

Hello,
This probably seems like a silly question, but is it possible to have more
than 1 ASP.Net project per virtual directory?
The reason I'm wondering this, is because we already have an ASP.Net
web-project written in C#, but need to include some legacy .ASP files written
with (of course) VBScript. It would be easier to convert the legacy .ASP
files into an ASP.Net project w/ VB than C#. But then we would have 2
projects sharing the same virtual directory: one in C# and the other in
VB.Net.

There would definitely be cross-linking between the pages, since *all* the
..ASPX pages appear to be one Application to the end-user.

There's 2 problems that I can immediately foresee:
1) Each web-project includes the Global.asax file, and there would be
collision between the 2 projects.
2) What about the DLL's generated by the code-behind?
3) What about the ASP.Net session-state? Would it be shared by both
applications running within the same virtual directory, or would they each
have their own?

My gut feeling is that this is a bad idea.. I guess I just need someone to
help me with these questions so I can tell Mgt how bad an idea it really is.

- Odie

joker

This newsgroup is for classic ASP none of that .Net stuff. You might
try posting in a newsgroup that includes "dotnet" in its name (without
the quotes of course).