more than just ipython broken in windows

rusi

Earlier I asked about a problem with ipython in windows which does not
seem to be there in linux.

Now I find that a similar problem surfaces with turtle -- so it
seemingly is not so much an ipython problem. The problem can be seen
thus:

Lets say I want to try out some turtle commands such as:
----------------
from turtle import *
forward(100)
left(90)
forward(200)

Run from a file there's no issue.
Likewise I can run these commands one after the other from an
interactive prompt in a shell and they work as expected.

But if I run these commands one after another at the interactive
prompt inside emacs,
it hangs after the first forward(100)

ie the canvas and a line and arrow come up but control does not seem
to return to the prompt.