MORE volunteers for voting project needed

Discussion in 'Python' started by Alan Dechert, Sep 16, 2003.

  1. Alan Dechert

    Alan Dechert Guest

    A couple of months ago, I posted a call for volunteers on C.L.PY for our
    demo voting system development project (open source Python on SourceForge).
    I am very pleased with the result so far. We have some excellent developers
    to go along with some top notch experts in voting technology we have on
    board.

    David Mertz has taken the Development Lead position. We still have a need
    for a few people to take charge of some sub-projects. We had originally
    targeted the demo completion around mid-Oct. It looks like that will slip
    some but I hope to keep it from slipping too much. The need for better
    voting technology is fairly urgent!

    If you are interested, please have a look at what we are doing. Mostly we
    need Python developers but we also need someone skilled at project
    management and that can do a PERT chart (or Gantt chart) -- this person does
    not need to be a Python programmer. Here are our pages on SourceForge:

    http://evm2003.sourceforge.net
    The Architecture document may be of particular interest. You can take the
    link on this page or go directly to
    http://evm2003.sourceforge.net/architecture.html

    Most of our interaction is taking place on our email list. The archives are
    here:

    http://gnosis.python-hosting.com/voting-project/

    Here's our other SF page
    http://sourceforge.net/projects/evm2003

    More background information can be found here:

    http://home.earthlink.net/~adechert/

    Our crew is international! Besides USA, we have programmers from India,
    Italy, and Sweden. Please get in touch with me if you are interested in
    helping with this project.

    -- Alan Dechert 916-791-0456

    Alan Dechert, Sep 16, 2003