    http://morecss.org/

    Curiouser and curiouser.

    Tim W

    Tim w, Apr 1, 2014

  2. Tim w wrote:
    > My investigations into css preprocessors has led me here today:
    > http://morecss.org/
    >
    > Curiouser and curiouser.

    Are you suggesting that this is an improvement? It like playing 20
    questions to compile a simple answer.

    --
    Take care,

    Jonathan
    -------------------
    LITTLE WORKS STUDIO
    http://www.LittleWorksStudio.com

    Jonathan N. Little, Apr 1, 2014

  3. Tim w

    Jeff Thies Guest

    On 4/1/2014 4:44 AM, Tim w wrote:
    > My investigations into css preprocessors has led me here today:
    > http://morecss.org/
    >
    > Curiouser and curiouser.
    >
    > Tim W

    Thanks.

    This looks a lot like CSS for people that know little about CSS. Looks
    like Dreamweaver for CSS, aimed at designers.

    You just write and the preprocessor fixes everything without you
    understanding the final outcome. You don't have to understand curly
    brackets and commas. I would not have thought that so hard.

    What I don't like about it is having to write a line for every little
    bit of detail and it appears an inability to edit the actual
    stylesheet, only the preprocessed "CSS". In other words: WTF.

    Jeff

    Jeff Thies, Apr 1, 2014
  4. Jeff Thies wrote:
    > On 4/1/2014 4:44 AM, Tim w wrote:
    >> My investigations into css preprocessors has led me here today:
    >> http://morecss.org/
    >>
    >> Curiouser and curiouser.
    >>
    >> Tim W

    > Thanks.
    >
    > This looks a lot like CSS for people that know little about CSS. Looks
    > like Dreamweaver for CSS, aimed at designers.
    >
    > You just write and the preprocessor fixes everything without you
    > understanding the final outcome. You don't have to understand curly
    > brackets and commas. I would not have thought that so hard.
    >
    > What I don't like about it is having to write a line for every little
    > bit of detail and it appears an inability to edit the actual stylesheet,
    > only the preprocessed "CSS". In other words: WTF.

    Also defaults to *everything* !important, a real clueless flag.

    --
    Take care,

    Jonathan
    -------------------

    Jonathan N. Little, Apr 1, 2014
  5. Tim w

    Gus Richter Guest

    On 4/1/2014 11:19 AM, Jonathan N. Little wrote:
    > Jeff Thies wrote:
    >> On 4/1/2014 4:44 AM, Tim w wrote:
    >>> My investigations into css preprocessors has led me here today:
    >>> http://morecss.org/
    >>>
    >>> Curiouser and curiouser.
    >>>
    >>> Tim W

    >> Thanks.
    >>
    >> This looks a lot like CSS for people that know little about CSS. Looks
    >> like Dreamweaver for CSS, aimed at designers.
    >>
    >> You just write and the preprocessor fixes everything without you
    >> understanding the final outcome. You don't have to understand curly
    >> brackets and commas. I would not have thought that so hard.
    >>
    >> What I don't like about it is having to write a line for every little
    >> bit of detail and it appears an inability to edit the actual stylesheet,
    >> only the preprocessed "CSS". In other words: WTF.
    >>

    > Also defaults to *everything* !important, a real clueless flag.

    It will be replaced with HTML6 and CSS$ anyway, so forget about it.
    Check it out here:

    <http://tinyurl.com/ldnemyu>

    --
    Gus

    Gus Richter, Apr 1, 2014
  6. Gus Richter wrote:

    > It will be replaced with HTML6 and CSS$ anyway, so forget about it.
    > Check it out here:
    >
    > <http://tinyurl.com/ldnemyu>

    Thought it was an April Fools Days except for the post date. Anyway I
    don't have these keys on my keyboard 「」!

    --
    Take care,

    Jonathan
    -------------------

    Jonathan N. Little, Apr 1, 2014
  7. Tim w

    Gus Richter Guest

    On 4/1/2014 11:38 AM, Jonathan N. Little wrote:
    > Gus Richter wrote:
    >
    >> It will be replaced with HTML6 and CSS$ anyway, so forget about it.
    >> Check it out here:
    >>
    >> <http://tinyurl.com/ldnemyu>
    >>

    > Thought it was an April Fools Days except for the post date. Anyway I
    > don't have these keys on my keyboard 「」!

    Firstly, an error correction. Should have been HTML6 and CSS 4.

    Next re. the characters: Where? On my post or the web page?
    Both have Character Encoding UTF-8.
    Both look OK to me.

    --
    Gus

    Gus Richter, Apr 1, 2014
  8. Gus Richter wrote:
    > On 4/1/2014 11:38 AM, Jonathan N. Little wrote:
    >> Gus Richter wrote:
    >>
    >>> It will be replaced with HTML6 and CSS$ anyway, so forget about it.
    >>> Check it out here:
    >>>
    >>> <http://tinyurl.com/ldnemyu>
    >>>

    >> Thought it was an April Fools Days except for the post date. Anyway I
    >> don't have these keys on my keyboard 「」!

    > Firstly, an error correction. Should have been HTML6 and CSS 4.

    Kinda figured.

    > Next re. the characters: Where? On my post or the web page?
    > Both have Character Encoding UTF-8.
    > Both look OK to me.

    In the illustrative image within the article:

    <http://designcreativewebsite.files.wordpress.com/2012/08/htmlcodesystem.jpg>

    --
    Take care,

    Jonathan
    -------------------

    Jonathan N. Little, Apr 1, 2014
  9. Tim w

    Gus Richter Guest

    On 4/1/2014 5:31 PM, Jonathan N. Little wrote:
    > Gus Richter wrote:

    >>> Thought it was an April Fools Days except for the post date. Anyway I
    >>> don't have these keys on my keyboard 「」!

    >> Firstly, an error correction. Should have been HTML6 and CSS 4.
    >>

    > Kinda figured.
    >
    >> Next re. the characters: Where? On my post or the web page?
    >> Both have Character Encoding UTF-8.
    >> Both look OK to me.
    >>

    > In the illustrative image within the article:
    >
    > <http://designcreativewebsite.files.wordpress.com/2012/08/htmlcodesystem.jpg>

    I don't get it, but never mind. Don't take this stuff seriously at all.
    It is an April Fools Joke. Especially see the last list item under
    "Features of HTML6" Sheesh ........

    --
    Gus

    Gus Richter, Apr 2, 2014
  10. Gus Richter wrote:

    > I don't get it, but never mind. Don't take this stuff seriously at all.
    > It is an April Fools Joke. Especially see the last list item under
    > "Features of HTML6" Sheesh ........

    "Telepathy, Rabies shots and Vehicle Registration are additional
    specifications of HTML6."

    Doh! T'is the first isn't it!

    --
    Take care,