Most Important New Features Coming in 3.5

Bob Johnson

..NET 3.5 will soon be released. Just wondering what you believe to be the
most important new features or capabilities ASP.NET will have in 3.5.

I would appreciate your *opinions* on this. I'm not looking for a list of
all the new features... already have that.

Thanks!

Guest

For ASP.NET, I'd say that deep integration of Language Integrated Query
(LINQ) and data awareness. This lets you write code written in LINQ-enabled
languages to filter, enumerate, and create projections of several types of
SQL data, collections, XML, and DataSets by using the same syntax. You can
also use Entity Framework in ASP.NET.
Also, the Web protocols for WCF.

Framework 3.5 doesn't really have any "ASP.NET specific" changes, it has
features that can be *used* with ASP.NET apps.
--Peter
// It works on my machine!
http://www.eggheadcafe.com

Guest

the most import feature is ajax support, which has already been released. the
big disappointment is that the server controls were not made more ajax
friendly, nor where a set of ajax friendly controls released. by this i mean
controls like the google ajax library where they can be created server side
or client side.

the big feature is of course linq, but is not specific to asp.net.

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)

Guest

the most import feature is ajax support, which has already been released.

I agree. However, I think this is more related to the features of the
new VS 2008, which is a fully compatible with AJAX now...