    any info would be great

    thanks
    Mike
    mike, Dec 31, 2005

  2. mike

    mbstevens Guest

    mike wrote:
    > can someone tell me which is the most popular website builder software out
    > there now? i dont need any links.. just names please. I believe the Adobe
    > one was pretty popular a year ago.. but these software ratings seem to
    > change on a monthly basis it seems.

    Most popular because it is:

    * Makes the best sites? (Perl, PHP)
    * Most used by old hands? (Vim? Emacs?)
    * Used by the most ops? (Notepad? Frontpage? [yucch])
    * Easiest to use? (Hired hand?)

    Would it make you unhappy to work with a unpopular
    but good software?
    mbstevens, Dec 31, 2005

  3. mike

    Sid Ismail Guest

    On Fri, 30 Dec 2005 22:42:20 -0500, "mike"
    <> wrote:

    : can someone tell me which is the most popular website builder software out
    : there now? i dont need any links..

    Native HTML - works every time.

    Sid
    Sid Ismail, Dec 31, 2005
  4. mike

    David Segall Guest

    "mike" <> wrote:

    >can someone tell me which is the most popular website builder software out
    >there now?

    I have no doubt that Macromedia (now Adobe) Dreamweaver is the answer
    to this question although it probably has less than 50% of the market.
    If you change the question to "what is most popular software used to
    build web sites?" there would be a drastic drop in the percentage but
    I am reasonably confident that it would still rank higher than
    anything else.

    > i dont need any links.. just names please. I believe the Adobe
    >one was pretty popular a year ago

    It wasn't. Adobe was a clear winner in photo manipulation software and
    the established platform for machine-independent document rendering
    but they needed to acquire Macromedia to totally dominate the
    presentation end of the software market.

    David Segall, Dec 31, 2005
  5. mike

    Rob McAninch Guest

    mike>:
    > can someone tell me which is the most popular website builder software out
    > there now?

    Popularity has little to do with it. Perhaps if you're looking to
    join a development team then ask them what they use since being
    compatible becomes a concern.

    Some form of text editor is my recommendation; pick one with some
    type of macro or programmability. I use Note Tab currently, but that
    is MS Windows only. It has its own macro language that allows you to
    create simple text insertions or rather complex page building
    wizards. But it's all based on HTML that you can alter as you see fit.

    --
    Rob McAninch
    http://rock13.com
    Rob McAninch, Dec 31, 2005