mounting application on server(ODBC)

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by acn242, Jun 10, 2008.

  1. acn242

    acn242 Guest

    I have this simple login app. that i have developed on my local
    machine that has successfully connected to the server Database and
    authenticates users by a web_log_in table.

    However I cannot put this application on the server for company wide
    use.

    This is the error: ERROR [IM00P] Specified driver could not be
    loaded due to system error 5(Adaptive Server Anywhere 9.0)

    I have a simple ODBC connection and I have changed nothing from the
    original:

    ***************webconfig***********************
    <connectionStrings>
    <add name="ConnectionString"
    connectionString="Dsn=DATABASE;uid=user;pwd=password"
    providerName="System.Data.Odbc"/>
    </connectionStrings>
    Dim webstr As String =
    ConfigurationManager.ConnectionStrings("ConnectionString").ConnectionString
    Using con As New System.Data.Odbc.OdbcConnection(webstr)

    con.Open()
    Dim cmd As New System.Data.Odbc.OdbcCommand()
    cmd.Connection = con
    cmd.CommandType = Data.CommandType.Text
    cmd.CommandText = "select count(*) from log_in_table
    where username ='" & user & "' and password='" & pswrd & "'"
    usercount = cmd.ExecuteScalar
    con.Close()
    End Using

    Any Suggestions?